Transfers Thread

Somebody on the UGA baseball team yelled a racial slur at him and then later apologized.

Fields claimed a hostile environment due to racism.

The NCAA would rather eat their own heads than try to go against that one.
Ah, should have done some more digging as opposed to ESPN grabbing. That's as good a reason as any to transfer.

Somebody on the UGA baseball team yelled a racial slur at him and then later apologized.

Fields claimed a hostile environment due to racism.

The NCAA would rather eat their own heads than try to go against that one.
I'm aware, the strategy put forth by Fields' representation was well reported. I was referring to Luke Ford when I stated quote "I don't know how he gets the waiver" in response to the question of whether Ford was next.

I'm not even going to fight back against the "BLOOBLUDZ" derp brigade if he doesn't at this point.

Though I still predict he won't.
Not sure it’s a blue blood thing. Justin fields was very, very highly ranked. If Georgia Reject his waiver then fields tells everyone. It would blunt Georgia’s message to top tier recruits.

We're not the cash cow that Ohio St is so unfortunately Fields waiver has no bearing on us. Ford has a great case to get it, but NCAA will probably keep status quo and deny us. IMO Whitman will have to play hard ball with this one

Maryland QB on portal
Somehow, Locksley got a commit this week from a 4* QB that he had been recruiting for 2 weeks. I'm guessing he was promised early PT, and Hill saw the writing on the wall.

Locks is going to promise a bunch of early PT to a bunch of kids in desperation to build some momentum. And he better do it fast before he's forced to actually get results via his coaching.

Somehow, Locksley got a commit this week from a 4* QB that he had been recruiting for 2 weeks. I'm guessing he was promised early PT, and Hill saw the writing on the wall.

Locks is going to promise a bunch of early PT to a bunch of kids in desperation to build some momentum. And he better do it fast before he's forced to actually get results via his coaching.
Hill would be a nice safety net at QB in the event Tate doesn't make it or even an option.

Hill would be a nice safety net at QB in the event Tate doesn't make it or even an option.
He's not a bad QB. Doesn't do a ton with his legs, and not the most accurate passer in terms of %. But he played really well against Texas and of course torched us. Struggled a lot elsewhere in the season, but at least he didn't turn the ball over a lot.

He's not a bad QB. Doesn't do a ton with his legs, and not the most accurate passer in terms of %. But he played really well against Texas and of course torched us. Struggled a lot elsewhere in the season, but at least he didn't turn the ball over a lot.
He's also got 2 ACLs tears in 2 consecutive seasons. Hard for me to view him as a better 2020 option than the guys we already have here.

We're not the cash cow that Ohio St is so unfortunately Fields waiver has no bearing on us. Ford has a great case to get it, but NCAA will probably keep status quo and deny us. IMO Whitman will have to play hard ball with this one
Disagree. The NCAA has made it clear that they are trying to make it much easier for kids to move. I believe I read something like 60% are granted. Ford has valid reasons with grandparent ill health, so my guess is he wins and is eligible.

I don’t remember the exact numbers, but Tate said something to the effect that almost all of the waivers ruled on so far have been granted. And Ford has an attorney who will represent him in an appeal if his is not granted.

"There has never been a group less qualified than college football coaches to complain about other people seeking greener pastures. As a group, college coaches are frequent job hoppers who routinely leave their players in a lurch when a better opportunity comes along. So the coaches need to suck it up and quit whining about the power given to the players by the new transfer rules."
From this SI article

Hmmm...Asmussen seems to imply...that the NCAA has now become a little tougher on transfers, " Of course, Illinois is waiting on the Luke Ford eligibility question. Tough call. The NCAA seems to be backing off its earlier player friendliness when it comes to waivers. ". If Fields is allowed to transfer then Ford should be. If not, we should just assume the NCAA wants Michigan (Patterson) and Ohio State to win every year.

Hmmm...Asmussen seems to imply...that the NCAA has now become a little tougher on transfers, " Of course, Illinois is waiting on the Luke Ford eligibility question. Tough call. The NCAA seems to be backing off its earlier player friendliness when it comes to waivers. ". If Fields is allowed to transfer then Ford should be. If not, we should just assume the NCAA wants Michigan (Patterson) and Ohio State to win every year.
If we are being transparent, we already know that is what they want. They have the biggest fan base, which will generate the biggest revenue. The NCAA has become a business and they are making business decisions sadly.

near Ogden & Rt 83
If we are being transparent, we already know that is what they want. They have the biggest fan base, which will generate the biggest revenue. The NCAA has become a business and they are making business decisions sadly.
We, and our players will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt. Other schools always do and always will. Assume Ford will not get it and you at least have a chance to pleasantly surprised. Im so used to it now, I never ever assume we will get the right rulings nor the get the big calls in the big games.

We're Illinois. Our admin never works the back channels like some schools do .