Transfers Thread

I have no problem with not wanting to add another QB because of numbers. But what about the QB room do you like? There is some potential. But not much proven there. I thought IW had potential, and he may still. Other than that we have a QB for this year. That is it.

I have no problem with not wanting to add another QB because of numbers. But what about the QB room do you like? There is some potential. But not much proven there. I thought IW had potential, and he may still. Other than that we have a QB for this year. That is it.

I think a lot of posters downplay th eimportance of time in the system. We have enough talent at qb and give us an upperclassman iw and surround him with his receivers, I think we are in better space than many think
Be in good position

Unlike most other positions it is going to be rare where QB2 has much live action game time to actually be proven. Having a good looking QB room is generally experience and potential (talent).

I think we all feel good about Peters. WRs stay healthy and he continues upward trajectory he could have best Illini QB season in a decade. Having 1 more year of Brandon gives our younger guys 1 more year in system before full burden is put on them.

Long term I like the talent of IW and Spann. They seem to fit Rod’s preferred style and coming in as legitimate P5 recruits we won battles for. I feel good with our chances that one of these two will pan out as a better than average multi year B10 starter for us.

I am interested to see how QB2 plays out this year. Will be important if Brandon has another injury (worried with him and at least 4 head injuries). Is IW ready to pass Robinson? Would be huge if he can. Robinson is okay (UM game), but unless he takes a big time jump he may be a MAC level ceiling type QB (eg if longer term he is more the NW game QB)