Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizzou freshman Tray Jackson plans to enter transfer portal.....

https://distinctathlete.com/2020/03/21/mizzou-freshman-forward-tray-jackson-to-transfer/

Cuonzo just finished up year 3 - isn't this when he normally quits and leaves for a new program?

Looked it up, he in fact has spent exactly 3 years at each of his head coaching positions. Missouri state from 08-09 through 10-11, Tennessee from 11-12 through 13-14, Cal from 14-15 to 16-17, and now Mizzou from 17-18 to present.

Deleted member 646108

D
Recruiter extraordinarie!
- isn't that his sister?

With all these transfers out, it seems like all he'll have left to "coach" next season is an ex-Illinois recruit JV squad...
Charmin Soft Smith (probably more popular now with the current toilet paper shortage), Tilmon, Pickett, and Parker Braun

His sister better get to work soon!

Teyvion Kirk transferrring from Colorado St. (Joliet Illinois product), 6'4 14. & 5 reb. per game at 41% shooting.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Teyvion Kirk transferrring from Colorado St. (Joliet Illinois product), 6'4 14. & 5 reb. per game at 41% shooting.
Interesting. Played two years at Ohio. Sat this past year after transferring to Ft. Collins, never played for CSU, and now transferring again? Does he have to sit another year or is he immediately eligible?

Last edited:
Interesting. Played two years at Ohio. Sat this past year after transferring to Ft. Collins, never played for CSU, and now transferring again? Does he have to sit another year or is he immediately eligible?
I think that even under the proposed transfer rule, you sit a year on your second transfer. So unless he's graduated, that's a sit out. Is that how others read it?

Eligible I believe, he sat didn't play

I really like his ability to create his own shot and his passing ability as well.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Eligible I believe, he sat didn't play
Problem is, he did his sitting at CSU. I think the rule specifies that you have to complete an academic year in residence at the new school after transferring. He may get a waiver in this circumstance (unless he comes here, of course.) I would hope you are correct but that seems too logical for the NCAA.

How many total slots will be available for possible transfers/incoming?

Miller
Fitts
Whitney
Carton
Antonio

Etc...all swing/wing forwards. If Granderson is as hyped as he is by BU and wing/guard help, why are we looking at the above other from a talent perspective? I mean we Hutcherson could leave and not sit out?

Jones is probably gone (expected)?

BBV maybe more to injury than expected and now no playing time warranted (meaning need better players)?

Ayo possibly coming back ( I think there is some smoke to the whynotme and lonewolf both wanting to make Illinois great again) could they actually want to do it together?

The rides available don't fit the narrative of all the players we are being linked to as to inquiring about.

Miller takes Ayo?
Fitts takes Griffins?
Carton takes Jones?
Whitney takes BBV?

Antonio doesn't come here

If Ayo stays, then Miller takes Hutcherson? Ayo/Whitney are yet to announce as far as the draft.

jmilt7

Waukegan
No offense, but are we really thinking Whitney will come here or to any college? As sure as I know Ayo is going pro I am just as sure Whitney is, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.