Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Given the shortage of sports news in this unique time, SportingNews.com released this morning its All-Time NCAA Basketball squad:

1st Team: Alcindor, Magic, Chamberlain, Bird and Maravich Coach John Wooden
2nd Team: Walton, B. Russell, Laettner, Fitts and O. Robertson Coach Bobby Knight

Best Case Scenario:

2 more leave along with AG, and Tev

Ayo stays.

Curbelo, Miller, Hawkins come in.

That leaves 3 open rides. You take Carton and Fitts and roll the other one.

Giving you 3 rides in 2021.

Get Christie, Etienne, and Weston for 2021.

1585229226954.gif

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hang on now. If a college player who meets the requirements enters the NBA draft but is not drafted he can return to college as long as they notify their athletic director by 5 PM on the Monday following the draft. I’m not certain if that is the case if they can still transfer. Anyone know? Like someone mentioned we won’t know until August what the roster will be.

A quick search doesn’t show Fitts in many draft boards except for a few late 2nd round projections.

I did stumble across some information highlighting just how rare it is for a college player to be drafted who wasn’t invited to the combine. Roughly 60 players are selected for the combine based on team polls. Will be telling if Ayo and Fitts receive invites (assuming it isn’t cancelled this year).

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Would give Hawkins a development year. Not as confident that BBV will be a factor. Not because I don’t like him but haven’t seen him healthy or otherwise.
I don't get that. The kid has game. Outside shot, handles and averaged 6.6 assists/game. He's ready now. Yes he is thin, but so was Wagner last year and he made the B1G all frosh team. Plus, Fletch will put some muscle on him.

None with his kinda talent.
Disagree there, because DJ Carton has a load of talent for only a freshman. Maybe not quite Fitts level since he's only a frosh, but 10 pt, 3 rebs and 3 assists at a Tourney team in OSU is pretty impressive and he has 3 years left!

I would also note that Jamarius Burton from Wichita is also talented, maybe not to Fitts' level again, but 2 years left but 6'4" 200 lbs averaged 10.3 pt., 3.5 rebs. and 3.4 assists, so like Carton, an all around player. He shot .440 from the field, .381 from 3, somewhat weak .656 from the line.

Last edited:
Given the shortage of sports news in this unique time, SportingNews.com released this morning its All-Time NCAA Basketball squad:

1st Team: Alcindor, Magic, Chamberlain, Bird and Maravich Coach John Wooden
2nd Team: Walton, B. Russell, Laettner, Fitts and O. Robertson Coach Bobby Knight
Sporting News showing it's a baseball centered publication lists Fitts ahead of Jerry West?!?!? Dumb, very dumb. Russell won back-toback titles and Chamberlain didn't have that success, so I'd switch the two.

Last edited:
Has he hired an agent? Maybe just getting some feedback before possible transfer...

Disagree there, because DJ Carton has a load of talent for only a freshman. Maybe not quite Fitts level since he's only a frosh, but 10 pt, 3 rebs and 3 assists at a Tourney team in OSU is pretty impressive and he has 3 years left!

I would also note that Jamarius Burton from Wichita is also talented, maybe not to Fitts' level again, but 2 years left but 6'4" 200 lbs averaged 10.3 pt., 3.5 rebs. and 3.4 assists, so like Carton, an all around player. He shot .440 from the field, .381 from 3, somewhat weak .656 from the line.
Need a stretch 4 more than we need a guard.

Need a stretch 4 more than we need a guard.
I think you are underrating Hawkins like many, but we do have a strong guard core with Trent, Miller, DMW, Curbello, Grandson and Hutcherson. Not sure if Wichita transfer Udeze is a stretch or regular 4?

Those guys are international players but not overseas recruiting. They each played in the United States before coming to Illinois. BVB, and Vesel are overseas recruitments
Yes but those players were scouted as international prospects before coming here. Giorgi only played 1 year in the US correct? Also the staff has raved about BBV. Vesel was a miss but brad had to get size, so i don't fault him on that.

Yes but those players were scouted as international prospects before coming here. Giorgi only played 1 year in the US correct? Also the staff has raved about BBV. Vesel was a miss but brad had to get size, so i don't fault him on that.

The Staff has a tendency to overhype players with little to no playing time. I am honestly not sure if any of the players were scouted as International players or not. It does however make a huge difference for an 18/19 year old kid to live in the country before going to college. Huge culture shock

Deleted member 29907

D
According to TV Analysts- Kofi didn't start playing Bball until the Summer before he enrolled here.

The Staff has a tendency to overhype players with little to no playing time. I am honestly not sure if any of the players were scouted as International players or not. It does however make a huge difference for an 18/19 year old kid to live in the country before going to college. Huge culture shock
The staff also hyped up feliz and griffin with little to no playing time... those seemed to be spot on. Just saying the international player market has been solid to us. I agree with living in the states but most of these kids grew up playing the international style and maybe played over here a year or two before committing.

The staff also hyped up feliz and griffin with little to no playing time... those seemed to be spot on. Just saying the international player market has been solid to us. I agree with living in the states but most of these kids grew up playing the international style and maybe played over here a year or two before committing.

I am probably pointing out the difference of an international player vs overseas recruiting more than anything. And correct the staff did hype those guys up, but Feliz and Griffin were never injured or redshirted. If I was a coach too, I would praise those players weren't playing because they need to hear it, but we shouldn't put so much into it. I would bet that BVB never plays a big role for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.