Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 44m

Rider grad transfer Fred Scott tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

Illinois
Illinois State
San Francisco
San Diego
Arkansas
Boston College

Immediately eligible.
Averaged 12.6 pts. and 5.2 rebs., shooting .468 FG% and .400 from 3 on 100 attempts. Only .602 on FTs. He's 6'8", 230 lbs. Interesting...

South Carolina
I'm really NOT liking the new transfer rules. Much prefer seeing how coaches can develop players over a 3-4 year period.

With that said, it seems we've reached out to 20-30 eligible transfers of varying skills. Does anyone on here know which 5-6 might be our top (preferred) targets? I'd love to see that list, in priority order.

Illinois is a courtesy name on the list, Scott went to Simeon.
Yeah I looked at the list & was surprised Illinois was on it. I dont remember him doing much at Simeon. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Everyone should listen to the BU interview on March 31st. He clearly states he is not a grad transfer fan but clearly likes "sits". Also said it is not necessary to have 13 scholarship players on a team. An interesting point he made was that Baylor's top 5 guys last year were all transfers. Plus he said it is hard this year to check out grad transfers. I doubt we'll take one.

Yeah I looked at the list & was surprised Illinois was on it. I dont remember him doing much at Simeon. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.
Was at Simeon for 2014-2015 season, originally was at Oak Hill Academy. From Munster, IN.

Everyone should listen to the BU interview on March 31st. He clearly states he is not a grad transfer fan but clearly likes "sits". Also said it is not necessary to have 13 scholarship players on a team. An interesting point he made was that Baylor's top 5 guys last year were all transfers. Plus he said it is hard this year to check out grad transfers. I doubt we'll take one.
We'll take one only if it fitts.

The names are starting to pile up. If Christmas came early, who would we want?

I'm really NOT liking the new transfer rules. Much prefer seeing how coaches can develop players over a 3-4 year period.

With that said, it seems we've reached out to 20-30 eligible transfers of varying skills. Does anyone on here know which 5-6 might be our top (preferred) targets? I'd love to see that list, in priority order.
From my perspective as a fan I totally agree with you. I still think it’s in the players best interest to have the increased freedom, and for that reason I support the open transfer rules. It’s just a bit sad to think it’s unlikely we’ll see another another warren carter, etc.

Cincinnati, OH
I would take the #1 JC player in the nation every year, sight unseen.

Just for fun, the #1 ranked JuCo each year by 247

2013: Chris Thomas (Manhattan)
2014: Cinmeon Bowers (Auburn)
2015: TJ Dunans (Auburn)
2016: Jaylen Barford (Arkansas)
2017: Shakur Juiston (UNLV, then Oregon)
2018: Jordan Brangers (professional)
2019: Chris Duarte (Oregon)

All of these guys were at least solid contributors (exception maybe for Thomas, who was dismissed from the team), with a couple being #1 options (Barford, maybe Juiston).

Wonder if the staff will contact Taylor Mattos by chance? Bowling Green, fairly mobile, big who can play in and out?

From my perspective as a fan I totally agree with you. I still think it’s in the players best interest to have the increased freedom, and for that reason I support the open transfer rules. It’s just a bit sad to think it’s unlikely we’ll see another another warren carter, etc.
What does Warren Carter have to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.