Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 747080

D
I'm really NOT liking the new transfer rules. Much prefer seeing how coaches can develop players over a 3-4 year period.

With that said, it seems we've reached out to 20-30 eligible transfers of varying skills. Does anyone on here know which 5-6 might be our top (preferred) targets? I'd love to see that list, in priority order.
When does the NCAA decide on this transfer rule? I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping it doesn't pass.

From my perspective as a fan I totally agree with you. I still think it’s in the players best interest to have the increased freedom, and for that reason I support the open transfer rules. It’s just a bit sad to think it’s unlikely we’ll see another another warren carter, etc.

Yes, increased flexibility and fluidity gives the players more options and opportunity, as does early entry into the NBA and other professional leagues. There are abuses, of course, and instances where a player may be harmed, or just make what proves to be a bad choice. But overall, it's better for players if they are allowed more freedom of choice.

More choices and greater freedom of movement changes the environment. As a kid, growing up in a college town, I followed players closely throughout their college careers (typically a full four years) and developed strong connections to them, seeing them like big brothers. I had my favorites, of course, but it seemed we were all part of a family. That's nostalgic, I realize, and it dates me. Athletes have myriad choices and greater freedom. I get that, and I'm genuinely happy for them and their families. But it creates a different environment for players and fans alike--more businesslike, more fluid, less relational.

That's reality. Cue Dylan: "The times, they are a changin'."

illini80

Forgottonia
When does the NCAA decide on this transfer rule? I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping it doesn't pass.
Was supposed to be mid April, but no one seems to know for sure now. There has been talk it could be delayed until summer, but again it’s mostly speculation at this point.

jmilt7

Waukegan
I had asked this earlier and got the same reply as illini80 provided (in fact, maybe he (or she) was the one who responded). I, too am against it but bow to its inevitability. I believe that many people believe it will go into effect for this coming year but I was wondering that if it won't be decided until June at the earliest how can they make it applicable to this year? Seems as of they are waiting too long and hence will only make things too confusing and too last minute. Seems the prudent thing would be to delay it until next year. But then when has the NCAA ever shown any prudentialism? On the other hand, this year, next year, will it really matter? I have no idea.

Sidney Wilson from UCONN transferrring...from the Bronx ( OA where ya at)? Would be a very good player to snag for a stretch 4/wing player.

2:08-2:24 mark

Don’t need a 6’6” 175# forward IMO. Suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. Rather see a big 4 and/or a shooter.

Sidney Wilson from UCONN transferrring...from the Bronx ( OA where ya at)? Would be a very good player to snag for a stretch 4/wing player.

2:08-2:24 mark
Averaged. 3.3 points

Don’t need a 6’6” 175# forward IMO. Suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. Rather see a big 4 and/or a shooter.

Yes that is why we are looking for stretch 4's to replace Kipper among others minutes. We could do worse than this kid, I believe we have in the past already, This kid is 4* out of high school, athletic as few we have had, and yes he was suspended, so was TJ and most everyone was clamoring about him all year for some reason.

FatRealAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Yes that is why we are looking for stretch 4's to replace Kipper among others minutes. We could do worse than this kid, I believe we have in the past already, This kid is 4* out of high school, athletic as few we have had, and yes he was suspended, so was TJ and most everyone was clamoring about him all year for some reason.
Since you were so against TJ why would you show interest in this guy?

Since you were so against TJ why would you show interest in this guy?

Mostly because he is substantially better and has shown it more than once. Plus based on game play he is defensive minded as well as far as blocks.

This is huge.
If the one-time immediate eligibility transfer rule doesn't go into effect until 2021-2022, then it seems like a lot of these transfers jumped the gun. Griffin might have to sit a year at Syracuse.

Only the NCAA could really mess this up. You have this (hopefully) once in a lifetime situation that is putting many lives into scramble mode, while also allowing people to reflect on their current situation.

So the NCAA has a God dang excuse to allow transfers immediately. They can blame on the fact that covid19 came in and messed things up and made them reassess what they were doing. And they still mess it up.

Think about how many athletes are probably leaning toward or on the fence about transferring. You have this extended time at home to discuss it with your family. You end up thinking it’s in your best interest. Then the NCAA comes along, and after months of leaks that they were gonna allow immediate eligibility. You get this. How in the world are you supposed to plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.