Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
High majors after Gardner-Webb transfer Jose Perez

Thus far, Perez, a 6-foot-5 guard out of the Bronx (N.Y.), has heard from DePaul, Memphis, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Marquette, Rhode Island, Dayton, Illinois, Iowa State, Missouri, BYU and New Mexico.

As a sophomore Perez averaged 15.2 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.2 assists a game. During his freshman campaign, Perez averaged 15.1 points, while shooting 38.1-percent from three and tossing out three assists a game.

“In a lot of ways, I had to develop a pro mindset,” Perez said. I played with a lot of people that are in the NBA right now. Thanks to coach Munch [Williams] and his AAU style, he developed a lot of pros. I developed the pro mindset where I’m always in the gym, I’m always working out as well and trying to take my game to the next level.”

https://247sports.com/college/illin...rgia-Marquette-Illinois-Iowa-State-146263314/
I swear Mizzou is on every transfer list lol

illini80

Forgottonia
Coleman-lands in the portal..
Any chance he comes back for his final year of eligibility?
Underwood doesn’t seem to be the type to welcome back players who turned their back on us. I don’t see JCL as a fit in this culture.

Joseph Kerr

Fort Wayne, IN
VCU's Santos-Silva Jr averaged 12.8 points and 8.9 rebounds @6'7" Shoots well from the floor, but did not shoot one three in three years. Not sure if it would be a good fit, but Leron Black like numbers and feel.

Also, will be historic because JCL will become the first Indiana recruit we’ve ever landed twice.

Seems really unlikely he'd play here. Groce preached toughness, but actually recruited plenty of soft guys with high potential that didn't really buy in or work on their weaknesses. Underwood = toughness. He looks very specifically for versatile guys who can play hard, play smart, and play team ball.

Deleted member 747080

D
I would say no chance he comes back. Anyone know if this has ever happened in the history of the NCAA where a player transfers out of a school then comes back after playing for another school?

For a guy who's most appealing asset as an Illini was his long range shooting, he sure didn't exhibit that skill at DePaul. He shot 30.5% on threes as a Blue Demon. Good Luck to him wherever he ends up. I doubt Coach U has any interest whatsoever.

haasi

New York
Seems really unlikely he'd play here. Groce preached toughness, but actually recruited plenty of soft guys with high potential that didn't really buy in or work on their weaknesses. Underwood = toughness. He looks very specifically for versatile guys who can play hard, play smart, and play team ball.
Sorry should have added /s. I don’t think any chance he comes back here. Would be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.