Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we get the guy from Evansville. If we can, we are a very good team next year with at least Frazier, Giorgi, the transfer sit outs, Curbelo, Williams, and hopefully Miller. Shooting at 4 positions, rebounding now from the 4, and seems like a solid distributor too. Scoring from Trent, Giorgi, hopefully Miller, Hutch, and Grandison.

I would say no chance he comes back. Anyone know if this has ever happened in the history of the NCAA where a player transfers out of a school then comes back after playing for another school?

Jimmy Whitt left arkansas and came back as a grad transfer.

Hope we get the guy from Evansville. If we can, we are a very good team next year with at least Frazier, Giorgi, the transfer sit outs, Curbelo, Williams, and hopefully Miller. Shooting at 4 positions, rebounding now from the 4, and seems like a solid distributor too. Scoring from Trent, Giorgi, hopefully Miller, Hutch, and Grandison.
Not available for a year and need help this year if Kofi leaves.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Guys there’s zero shot JCL is back here. Put it to bed

funny-gifs-kid-bed-pillow-hit-fail.gif

So he would have 2 years of eligibility after his sit out year? I would gladly take a chance on him getting his mind and body right. His potential is still through the roof.

And he fills a need. Not super concerned if he ever develops an offensive game but if he can rebound, block shots and body up the 5’s, he would pair perfectly beside Hawkins. Would take him in a heartbeat.

So he would have 2 years of eligibility after his sit out year? I would gladly take a chance on him getting his mind and body right. His potential is still through the roof.

Yes. Staff would like a sit-out transfer... Grabbing a re-class kid for the wing and a sit-out would be ideal.

Best case scenario IMO, Kofi comes back for next year, we grab Okoro to sit a year, Etienne stays 2021, Kofi goes after next year, and we get Etienne to replace him.

Deleted member 747080

D
And he fills a need. Not super concerned if he ever develops an offensive game but if he can rebound, block shots and body up the 5’s, he would pair perfectly beside Hawkins. Would take him in a heartbeat.
That's a good point. We should have enough offense from the other 4 positions especially if we have Miller for a 2nd year.

1.Okoro underdeveloped/underperformed at Oregon,
2. Underwood and staff showed "big" development prowess with Giorgi/Kofi
3. BL, great fit for Okoro to come back home and reach his potential with Illini

Not sure what Oregon sold Okoro, but clear they didnt accelerate his development.

1.Okoro underdeveloped/underperformed at Oregon,
2. Underwood and staff showed "big" development prowess with Giorgi/Kofi
3. BL, great fit for Okoro to come back home and reach his potential with Illini

Not sure what Oregon sold Okoro, but clear they didnt accelerate his development.
Coming out of high school, Okoro was heavily recruited, but pretty raw . He’s smart and strong, but wasn’t skilled. He wouldn’t be the first big guy that didn’t develop well in all facets. Illinois has seen its share of those through the years. My point is it’s not always on the coach.

Okoro is going to be just fine. He just needs a good big man coach (and we have one) to develop his offensive limitations. He should have never reclassified forward. Somebody sold him short on reclassifying. I cast my CB for Okoro to UI. :)

ILL in IA

Iowa City
When Okoro picked Oregon, he became out of sight out of mind for me. And west coast start times don't happen in my house with 3 young kids. Can someone help me out on what his offensive limitations are? Underwood pretty much used Kofi on the block/pick n roll to dunk everything or the occasional post-up jumper, but everything was pretty close to the basket. Okoro can do that at least, right?

Okoro is going to be just fine. He just needs a good big man coach (and we have one) to develop his offensive limitations. He should have never reclassified forward. Somebody sold him short on reclassifying. I cast my CB for Okoro to UI. :)
Would be great to have him next year. We could be really scary next year is we keep our current roster such as Giorgi, Hawkins after bulking up, Curbelo, Hutcherson, Grandison, and Goode, and hopefully Miller. We have shooting in Hutch, Goode, Grandison, Hawkins, and possibly Miller. We have skill in Hawkins, Goode, and Giorgi. We have a playmaker in Curbelo to make everyone better. If able to get Okoro, we now have athleticism, rebounding, and paint protection.

Gee, we had to listen to the "second coming" of JCL every year he was in high school. Solid performer, never lived up the hype.

View attachment 5970

Gotta be rough to go from superstar high schooler with tons of national offers to that career in college. Those A/TO ratios are pretty scary (bad) for a 6'3" guard, and his shooting went from solid to well below avg.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
i’m sure that OA would LOVE the opportunity to develop FO. if he was able to maximize his considerable potential, there’s not a big man in the country that wouldn’t give him a listen

Status
Not open for further replies.