Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some similarities to Nick Anderson...size, strength and ability to drive to the basket and finish.
Would love Anderson but be satisfied with Rice. The kind of build and aggressiveness to play against fours and rebound. Think it is a missing piece.

Things have changed.
I wonder if this has to do with what Illiniboss33 was saying on Monday. My initial thought was he was referring to Brown but then the thought popped into my head that it may be related to someone whose name is in the NBA Draft right now. It would make sense for the silent verbal be given with the condition of a public announcement in 2-3 weeks when they have to withdraw from the Draft. Maybe Malik Fitts? I believe Indy floated his name on the thread a month or two ago right before he declared.

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Keep an eye on the portal today and over the next few days.

There are some names that will be entering soon, that the staff is extremely interested in along with one or two already in the portal.
Enough to pass over Brown?

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
ISC Purdue@ISC_PU ·2h

"These guys are like, "Hey I wanna be a pro". I'm like, why don't we be all conference in college first? Why don't we try that out? So you'll get guys that average 4, 6, 9 or 10 pts and say, "Coach I want you to develop me into a pro." Well, why don't you work like a pro?" -CMP

ISC Purdue@ISC_PU
"You might've gotten your degree from Purdue but you're not a Boilermaker if you walk out the door in the end..." -Coach Matt Painter
I'm a big fan of Painter's. Really respect the guy. And that interview is solid gold in spots.

Coach changes jobs, takes a step up, gets a raise. In general, does what he feels is best for him and his family. Gets praised. Wow what a good move, etc.

Kid gets his degree from a school, fulfilling the student part of student-athlete, since “that’s what it’s all about” and coaches say stuff like this. Coaches can be so full of s***

Status
Not open for further replies.