Transfers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
GrayHarmoniousIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Tell me about Eastern. I didn't know he was any kind of difference maker.

Painter is ticked off because Howard definitely tampered with Eastern. Not the first time Howard has done it either, many coaches are not fans of him.

Eastern to Michigan has little effect on Brown. He will likely play right away wherever he goes while Eastern has to sit.

Big Mac truly 50/50 on reclassifying.

Losing Nick to WIU will hurt a little more than people think. Very happy for him though.

Unfortunately WIU may not have a b-ball program for long. Mid tier universities in Illinois were in trouble financially before Covid with talk of consolidation and now they have little chance of survival. Happy for Nick, but not sure this will be a long term gig.

TMC999

Not Iowa
Tell me about Eastern. I didn't know he was any kind of difference maker.
Pass.
Give me a McLauren-esque announcement by the DemonDeacon... for the win.

Miznoz fans very publicly expressed the idea that Painter was flirting with taking their job. I don't know if it was ever clear how seriously Painter himself was considering it or if it was just pure Miznoz narcissism.

I was under the impression that Painter accepted the Mizzery job...and it was even announced as so for something like 1 day ? Then Painter back tracked and stayed with PU after a hefty raise?

Last edited:
Don’t know anything about Painter as a person but he is really a good coach and doesn’t whine like his predessor Gene Keady.

Didn't Painter poach Spike Albrecht from UM and thoroughly pi** off Beilein.??

JJB

Chicago, IL
Didn't Painter poach Spike Albrecht from UM and thoroughly pi** off Beilein.??

He was pissed, but not due to poaching - Michigan was out of scholarships and couldn't bring Albrecht back for his 5th year after he got injured. However, Beilein placed restrictions on his transfer that prevented him from going to a Big Ten school and the media ripped him for it before relenting and letting him go to Purdue.

https://mgoblog.com/comment/3833123

Coach changes jobs, takes a step up, gets a raise. In general, does what he feels is best for him and his family. Gets praised. Wow what a good move, etc.

Kid gets his degree from a school, fulfilling the student part of student-athlete, since “that’s what it’s all about” and coaches say stuff like this. Coaches can be so full of s***
Isn't Painter, a Boiler grad, the guy that took an interview to go elsewhere? Yeah PU stepped up and gave him a raise, but loyalty is something I guess he thinks he gets to define. Here's a thought for you Mr. Painter, examine yourself. I doubt it's the school these kids are sick of.

Damn really bummed about this Brown news... As far as McClung... Ehhh pass
We only have one scholarship open until we find out who is staying in the draft and that seems to be a moving target. Like Brown but like Foster more. Wonder if we are delaying Brown?? Sometimes decisions are difficult if you truly have a chance at high level talent. Guess we have been conditioned to finish second.

I find it very hard to believe a member of the Fab Five would be involved in anything even remotely shady.

Back in the day as a Chicago kid, Howard was a huge flying-Illini fan, very smart, and would have been a tremendous boon to the program. It is one of the great ironies of the Pearl debacle that Howard felt it necessary to avoid Illinois because of that sanctions travesty, only to wind up at Michigan in the most corrupt program ever. I think Howard was the only member of the fab-5 who did not accept the payouts.

Just another reason to hate Pearl and Iowa.

Back in the day as a Chicago kid, Howard was a huge flying-Illini fan, very smart, and would have been a tremendous boon to the program. It is one of the great ironies of the Pearl debacle that Howard felt it necessary to avoid Illinois because of that sanctions travesty, only to wind up at Michigan in the most corrupt program ever. I think Howard was the only member of the fab-5 who did not accept the payouts.

Just another reason to hate Pearl and Iowa.

With all due respect....how do you know he did not accept payouts? My understanding is very different about CW, howard, Rose....

But let's not make absolute statements

Tomorrow I have a Q and A via phone scheduled for 1:30 with a wake insider, shes answering 8 questions, my obvious question is what do you make of Michigan jumping into brown's recruitment.?
Give me 7 more questions that we have.. I'll take the best and most requested ones to her.. let me know guys and gals!

"Where would you rank the 2004 blowout loss to Illinois in all-time disappointing Wake Forest losses?"

"Where would you rank the 2004 blowout loss to Illinois in all-time disappointing Wake Forest losses?"
Oooh, I like that one.

Does it have to be BBall related, or would "What, exactly, IS a wake forest?" count? If she tells you it's the name of a town, that means she's running scared...she probably doesn't know what one is either!

Status
Not open for further replies.