Transfers Thread

Wow huge blow to nebby. Would've been a top 3 contributor. Thing about what Hoiberg does--when he's on, they will succeed. But you have a much higher risk of things like this happening.

Kobi King is not a nice man to have in your locker room. Does not play well with others.

Kobi King is not a nice man to have in your locker room. Does not play well with others.
Why do you say he is not nice in the locker room? Didn't he leave Wisconsin because of a racist issues? Tell us what you know and sources please.

Why do you say he is not nice in the locker room? Didn't he leave Wisconsin because of a racist issues? Tell us what you know and sources please.
From an outside perspective he certainly seems like he is the source of the problem at this point.

Deleted member 4333

D

sacraig

The desert
not consistent at all

giphy.gif

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Don’t wish him any bad luck, he was a contributor while here.

I feel like I’m in the minority in this viewpoint, but I understand why he thinks he may be better able to reach his long term goals at Syracuse. I think Griffen would have had a hard time maintaining the playing time he had last year with the incoming freshmen, two transfers and a healthy B-V all competing for that playing time. I believe he has the potential to be truly special, especially in Boeheim’s system. Do I wish he stayed? Hell, yes. But I can understand why he left, appreciate what he gave us, and wish him well.

HOWEVER, that said, I do NOT understand the NCAA’s apparent arbitrary manner in which it grants or denies petitions to waive the sit-out year requirement. Sometimes, it honestly feels like the criteria is “extraordinary hardship or transfer from Illinois“. And even hardship seems to stipulate that the student is not transferring to Illinois.

Merely an opinion but it seems if the school you are transferring from has no objections to immediate eligibility, they will quite often grant it. We are definitely heading toward immediate eligibility so it soon will be moot.

I agree with Soulberries, the cuse makes a lot of sense. That zone will cover up his tendency to freelance on defense. Personally, he saw what is coming in plus what the two transfers bring to the table. It is very possible he didn't like what he saw.

With a cynical eye, son comes to the “home” area to transfer, mom makes spousal abuse accusations very public, waiver decision shortly thereafter.

Flip the coin, ncaa not one to make sense or care about optics, but a player coming home to be near his mom who has been abused (allegedly) and you don’t let him play?

You’re not only getting blowback from the normal places at that point. You add in women’s rights groups, maybe the aclu, you’re in a hot mess.