TV provider

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
Question. We are moving to Huntsville, AL and looking for suggestions for our out of area sports we want to watch there.
We want ILLINI (B1G), CUBS and Bears. What are your suggestions for this? Was going to go with U-Verse although have found out we can't watch the Bears (NFL Sunday Ticket). From what I can see our only option is Direct tv.

Govoner Vaugn Fan

New Orleans
Old thread, new question. We are moving to Huntsville, AL and looking for suggestions for our out of area sports we want to watch there.
We want ILLINI (B1G), CUBS and Bears. What are your suggestions for this? Was going to go with U-Verse although have found out we can't watch the Bears (NFL Sunday Ticket). From what I can see our only option is Direct tv.

I am in New Orleans and have direct TV. Cant speak about Cubs/Bears but B1G is in direct TV's second tier package (just above their base package).. Direct TV is owned by ATT so if you get ATT internet or cell service they can be paired for single billing plus a discount.

Old thread, new question. We are moving to Huntsville, AL and looking for suggestions for our out of area sports we want to watch there.

Not sure exactly what you’re looking for in terms of tv experience, but directv now is streaming app based like YouTube TV or Sling etc. I believe you can choose the actual directv packages but no box/satellite required. Also because it’s directv you can add Sunday ticket to your deal.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
My brother lives in Huntsville and has direct tv. He is a Cubs and Bears fan but I don’t think he watches the games very much so he probably doesn’t care if his package gets Cubs/Bears games.

However, he doesn’t miss Illini games and has been satisfied with Direct TV for that purpose.

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
IMO, BTN was really smart and that it seems they actively made sure they were on a variety of TV platforms. On youtube TV they are on the basic package, and back when I was evaluating different options over a year ago, that seemed to be that case in many of them (Hulu, Sling, etc.). So BTN is generally widely available. I've had youtube TV for over a year now and am generally satisfied (though they keep creeping up pricing and are getting dangerously close to me being indifferent again).

Sounds like getting bears games will be your rate mitigating factor. I don't watch them but seems like Sunday Ticket may be your only (legit) way to get it outside the primary market.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Sounds like getting bears games will be your rate mitigating factor. I don't watch them but seems like Sunday Ticket may be your only (legit) way to get it outside the primary market.

This. Otherwise, what you could do is this:
For fans outside the US, NFL Game Pass, which costs $99 per season, provides access to every game. Game Pass will stream all 256 regular season games, the playoffs, and the Super Bowl and offer on-demand viewing shortly after each game ends.

Game Pass live streaming is limited to devices outside of the US, but on-demand is available everywhere.

For that to work, you'd have to get a "hide my IP" service. I used one when I was living in the UK to stream US shows and Sirius XM that I otherwise couldn't get. I'd log on to a server in the US so my IP address looked like it was in the US. No problems for me. You'd have to do it such that you'd look like you were in the UK and then you should be good to go.