TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Eva Green: yum. Pretty good actress too.

PD was a darn good show and didn't get stale. John Logan, it's showrunner and lead writer, is on my watch list.

Agree. Near the end of the 3rd season I was wondering how they were going to sustain the plotlines going into the future. Then they wrapped up pretty much every loose end in the last few episodes and ended it all. Perfect. I hate when shows drag on too long.

Mild The Walking Dead Spoilers Below

I'm somewhat surprised (and excited) to see Ezekiel & Shiva introduced so early on this season.

Bailey

Los Angeles
A new series of Black Mirror is now streaming on Netflix. Haven't watched any of the new episodes, but I HIGHLY recommend it.

The season on Netflix is my first experience watching it. They're pretty fun, but wow - very heavy handed writing at times.

I do love the format. I'm sure it's been said ad nauseum but reminds me of Twilight Zone, which I still watch.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Finished season 2 of Mr. Robot. Interesting ending. Wonder where it will go? I didn't care for the take off on Fight Club but the Dark Army storyline is interesting.

Just finished season 2 of Narcos. Good show and would recommend it. However, I'm not sure how interested I will be for seasons 3 and 4.

Finally got around to watching the latest episode of TWD. Pretty boring episode. Hopefully things start to escalate quickly.

Carl might be the worst darts player known to man.

Finally got around to watching the latest episode of TWD. Pretty boring episode. Hopefully things start to escalate quickly.

His having only one eye might have something to do with that. ;)

I agree. The season started out with a bang and has been on a low simmer ever since.

His having only one eye might have something to do with that. ;)

I agree. The season started out with a bang and has been on a low simmer ever since.
Well what did you expect? Game of thrones?? ;)

Well what did you expect? Game of thrones?? ;)

While I watch and enjoy Game of Thrones (admittedly have not read the novels; seems fruitless since Martin likely will not finish them), I do not enjoy it to the fanatical nature that many people do. I started watching mainly to join in on water cooler talk.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Started The Night Watchman. This is going to be good. Real good. Props to AMC.

2 episodes in Amazon's Goliath. Very good cast. Like it.

Obligatory shout out for Rectify. Great (and different) show. Big, big props to Sundance for letting Ray McKinnon carry the story to fruition.

Started watching Timeless, mainly because of Shawn Ryan and Abigail Spencer. Pretty entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Only have 3 episodes left of Californication. Started off amazing. Loved the first 3-4 seasons. Then it started going off the rails a bit after Hank got released from jail. The whole Samurai Apocalypse, druggie rock stars, weird cameos thing lost me. Way too shark jumpy for my taste. The best part about it was the interrelations between Hank, Karen, and his daughter. The show should have ended after, say 4 seasons if they were just going to drag it on and lose focus of the main storyline of the show. That said, I still have overall enjoyed it, but it's no Breaking Bad or GoT.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL

Depends on where he was aiming. 😀

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Started The Night Watchman. This is going to be good. Real good. Props to AMC.

2 episodes in Amazon's Goliath. Very good cast. Like it.

Obligatory shout out for Rectify. Great (and different) show. Big, big props to Sundance for letting Ray McKinnon carry the story to fruition.

Started watching Timeless, mainly because of Shawn Ryan and Abigail Spencer. Pretty entertaining.
Night Watchman or Night Manager? If the latter it's really good. Originally produced by the BBC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just finished the first season of Louie. Really enjoying it. My type of comedy and I really enjoy the broken flow of each episode.

eMitch

Quincy, IL
Pleasantly surprised with Shooter on USA. Generally don't expect much from a USA series but I'm getting hooked after the first 2 episodes.

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
Pleasantly surprised with Shooter on USA. Generally don't expect much from a USA series but I'm getting hooked after the first 2 episodes.

USA has been hit or miss. Several programs I haven't even wanted to try, with a few I have to mixed results. I like Manhattan and Underground. I was very excited for The Outsiders but didn't make it through more than like 4 episodes. Not sure what it was, the storyline just wasn't as interesting as I thought it was going to be.

I am going to record Shooter. I am a bit skeptical, but my wife really enjoyed the movie so it definitely is going to get a chance. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
USA has been hit or miss. Several programs I haven't even wanted to try, with a few I have to mixed results. I like Manhattan and Underground. I was very excited for The Outsiders but didn't make it through more than like 4 episodes. Not sure what it was, the storyline just wasn't as interesting as I thought it was going to be.

I am going to record Shooter. I am a bit skeptical, but my wife really enjoyed the movie so it definitely is going to get a chance. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

Pretty sure Manhattan and Underground are not USA Network shows.

I was very skeptical about Shooter, but I'm a major Stephen Hunter fan (the author), so I gave it a shot (tee he). It's not bad. Hopefully, will get better.

Finished Goliath and The Night Manager. TNM was great. Goliath was good.

Am watching The Missing. Final episode this week. 2 seasons, 8 episodes per. VVG.

Anyone watching Chance or Good Behavior?

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
Ahhh, I am confusing USA and WGN. I do that all the time.

USA I have actually liked a lot of shows on. Monk and Psych were two of my all time favorites.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Just started watching The Crown on Netflix. Two episodes in and so far it's been awesome, but then I'm a sucker for well done historical dramas. They totally nailed the cast, too.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Just started watching The Crown on Netflix. Two episodes in and so far it's been awesome, but then I'm a sucker for well done historical dramas. They totally nailed the cast, too.

One episode in and I concur. Read that Netflix spent more on The Crown than any other show they've produced. The settings and cast are superb. BBC-level worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.