TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Another vote for Black Mirror, really enjoy that show.

Black Mirror I've seen about 6 episodes and mostly like it, but it seems to me they are either really bad, or really good. I've been watching Hell on Wheels and am nearly done with the 4th season and I really enjoy it. Also 6 episodes into the first season of Man in the High Castle and love it so far.

I'd recommend Black Mirror; it's an absolute mind-bend. The episodes "Fifteen Million Merits," "White Bear," and "Shut Up and Dance" are some of the best individual episodes of TV I've seen. Since each episode is its own story (like a mini-movie), it's easy to go back in and out.

Rectify isn't a bad choice. I think it's underappreciated, partly because people don't know about it.

I'd add be right back to that black mirror episode list. First one I saw and it was just plain uncomfortable.

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
I'd add be right back to that black mirror episode list. First one I saw and it was just plain uncomfortable.

I genuinely thought the first episode of Black Mirror was a comedy until the end. I seriously thought we were supposed to be laughing through the ridiculousness of it, then the episode ended and I realized they were trying to present the topic seriously.

Following that episode, I have re-evaluated my sense of humor. :eek:

icengineer

Southern Illinois
I genuinely thought the first episode of Black Mirror was a comedy until the end. I seriously thought we were supposed to be laughing through the ridiculousness of it, then the episode ended and I realized they were trying to present the topic seriously.

Following that episode, I have re-evaluated my sense of humor. :eek:

I struggled with that first episode as well. I only saw it a few days ago. I have tried to find some value in having watched it, but I cannot. :huh:

Last edited:

Serious Late

I struggled with that first episode as well. I only saw it a few days ago. I have tried to find some value in having watched it, but I cannot. :huh:

Sooo. Interestingly, speaking specifically to Black Mirror, I had one friend tell me I had to check it out. His statement was: "watch the first and third episodes, you can skip the second". I only watched the first.

I then immediately turned to another friend, whose taste in TV I feel I know pretty well, and said: "You have to watch the first episode, no idea what happens beyond that."

He replies to me within a day: "I watched the first three episodes, it is great. The second episode is the best".

Point being, I don't truly respect either of their opinions, but their diverse opinions on the show incline me to recommend everyone try it out and see for themselves. I have only watched the first episode. I believe that anyone who has watched more would tell me I HAVE TO WATCH MORE. I feel like one episode was enough to make me say "I get it and I am good on that", but I could definitely also see myself breaking down and binge watching the remaining episodes in the next week. It's chatter inducing for sure.

Weird stuff (had to edit to correct the swear word). Not sure what can represent it more accurately.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Binging season is here. Re-watched Bosch season 2 again. VG show. Looking forward to seasons 3 and 4.

Started Mozart in the Jungle. Another VG and funny show.

Thinking about starting Newsroom, Rome and John Adams. Netflix's Medici looks interesting too.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Sooo. Interestingly, speaking specifically to Black Mirror, I had one friend tell me I had to check it out. His statement was: "watch the first and third episodes, you can skip the second". I only watched the first.

Heard the same thing from a friend and ended up liking the second episode of season 1 a ton.

Serious Late

Heard the same thing from a friend and ended up liking the second episode of season 1 a ton.

I would be incredibly ignorant speaking to the quality of Black Mirror. honestly, no idea. It is a series that makes a person think. Is it important for you to consider the specific matters in the series... :confused:

Ended up binging the first 3 seasons of rectify on Netflix. Odd show. I think I like it...although I despise every character on the show outside of maybe Jared. I'm not sure if I would recommend it. Just odd.

Going to start black mirror next.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Finished up Don't Trust the B**** in Apt 23. Very funny. If you like Kimmy Schmidt or HIMYM you'd probably enjoy it. Sad it's only 2 seasons, though. Just started The Man In the High Castle. Good so far. đź‘Ť

Shameless is amazing, on season 2 and i started this week. It is raunchy, funny, has some serious moments and is just really fun and easy to get hooked on.

Watched the first episode of Black Mirror and I really enjoyed it. Really like Rory Kinnear. Fantastic actor. Unfortunately my wife watched it with me as well which really sucks because I wont be able to watch it very often. Apparently she has other things to do than watch netflix any chance she gets. Women...

Also just finished up HoW as the last half season was finally on Netflix. Really enjoyed the slow burn of that show after it was all over.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Holy smokes, the Taboo mini-series (8 episodes) that premieres Tuesday night on FX looks like it could be epic. Tom Hardy stars, Ridley Scott produces and Steven Knight (of Peaky Blinders fame) is the writer. Going to have to check this one out.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Holy smokes, the Taboo mini-series (8 episodes) that premieres Tuesday night on FX looks like it could be epic. Tom Hardy stars, Ridley Scott produces and Steven Knight (of Peaky Blinders fame) is the writer. Going to have to check this one out.
Sweet. Will have to check it out, too. Btw started Black Mirror. Awesome show.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Sneaky Pete finally drops on Jan. 17th. Been waiting for this for a looooong time. Great cast: Giovani Ribisi, Margo Martindale, Bryan Cranston. Producers include Graham Yost (Justified), David Shore (House) and Cranston. Pilot was great.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Is anyone else looking forward to "A Series of Unfortunate Events" on Friday? My kids grew up with those books and I had a great time reading them too. I hope Netflix does them justice.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Just watch the episode of Black Mirror called "Black Mirror - White Christmas". Bonus in that it features Jon Hamm in it. What a mind **** that was! Best one so far. I've actually liked every episode so far (except maybe "Waldo", even though the message was timely - or maybe that's why I DIDN'T like it as much) but a select few are just fantastic television.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Is anyone else looking forward to "A Series of Unfortunate Events" on Friday? My kids grew up with those books and I had a great time reading them too. I hope Netflix does them justice.

Same here. Thanks for the heads-up.

Any Prison Break fans? I just saw the trailer for the resurrection of the show. Michael Schofield is alive!

Any Prison Break fans? I just saw the trailer for the resurrection of the show. Michael Schofield is alive!
I loved Prison Break but it's been so long I forgot a lot about it. Going to have to rewatch some episodes or at least read some summaries.

Any Westworld fans out there? Like many HBO shows (e.g. Game of Thrones), I started after the season had already completed. The Windex budget this show must have...

Any Westworld fans out there? Like many HBO shows (e.g. Game of Thrones), I started after the season had already completed. The Windex budget this show must have...

Hopefully I can get to it soon. Haven't really heard anyone say something bad about it.

Does anyone have Amazon Prime TV? I started a 30 day free trial to watch The Man in the High Castle and I love it so much I will have it finished well before the free trial is up. Any other good shows on their I should binge watch?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Finished with Black Mirror. Loved it! Now starting Frontier. Starting out promising.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.