TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im through 2 seasons of Dexter and really enjoying it.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Sneaky Pete finally drops on Jan. 17th. Been waiting for this for a looooong time. Great cast: Giovani Ribisi, Margo Martindale, Bryan Cranston. Producers include Graham Yost (Justified), David Shore (House) and Cranston. Pilot was great.

I just watched 9 episodes this weekend. Gonna finish it off tomorrow night. What a good show.

TWD episode tonight might have been the worst ever for me. The show is laughably bad. I love it!

TWD episode tonight might have been the worst ever for me. The show is laughably bad. I love it!

Just got caught up. At least the entire episode wasn't spent on yet another intimidation stalemate between the communities. That said, it's painful to know the opportunity the show has missed out on. When Negan asserted himself with Lucille (best description I can give without spoilers), I felt it was finally going to go in the direction it needed to be in. Then on a dime the violence was toned down drastically, along with so much of what made the graphic novels so great.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Season 3 of Better Call Saul is starting up. How were the first two? I can watch it on Netflix but would like to watch the first two before three.

Season 3 of Better Call Saul is starting up. How were the first two? I can watch it on Netflix but would like to watch the first two before three.

It's good not great. I think it will keep getting better though as it progresses. It is very possible that I have too high of expectations for the show as well.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and am looking forward to S3. Although it is a totally different show than Breaking Bad, you can definitely tell it is the same team working on it.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Started in on it and got through two episodes. So far, so good.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Finished season one of BCS. Was good so I'll see what season 2 has in store.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Anyone else watching Into the Badlands? AMC ran commercials for the premier of S2 during the NCAA tournament games last week and replayed all six episodes of S1 over the weekend. I'm a few episodes in and hooked. This is one show right up my alley.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Finished season 2 of Better Call Saul. Very interesting cliff hanger...

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Anyone watching Animal Kingdom? I haven't seen it yet but was recommended by a family member. Goes free on Amazon Prime on the 30th of April so I might binge it to get caught up.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Blood Drive, anyone? How about Preacher?

Buck Turgidson

Massachusetts
Blood Drive, anyone? How about Preacher?

Couldn't get into Preacher interesting premise and some great moments in the first 4-5 shows, but overall story drags to me. I lost interest in what would happen next.

Animal Kingdom had a good first season - a graphic, violent, profane crime family story with enough twists in the story to make it interesting week to week. Second season just started, but I haven't seen it yet.

Better Call Saul is terrific. Season 3 underway and very good...as were first two seasons

"Shall We Begin?"
Gotta say that was the best cold open in any Game of Thrones episode.
(New to Track 5, just needed someone else to talk GoT with haha).

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Just finished Ozark (Netflix). Very dark, but good drama. Looking forward to S2 of Top of the Lake. Animal Kingdom, Kingdom, Queen of the South and Shooter are my weekly summer fare. Going to fill the gaps with The Leftovers S3 and Veep. Anyone watch the latest season of House of Cards?

eMitch

Quincy, IL
Quarry (Cinemax) starts tonight. Very good reviews.

Anyone see the debuts of Better Things (FX), Queen Sugar (OWN), Atlanta (FX) or One Mississippi (Amazon)?

Going way back to quote a post, but just finished Quarry a few weeks ago and I thought it was really, really good. Hate that there will not be a season 2.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Going way back to quote a post, but just finished Quarry a few weeks ago and I thought it was really, really good. Hate that there will not be a season 2.

The bean counters at Cinemax/HBO are getting a lump of coal for Xmas. That decision totally sucked (for the ~17 Quarry fans). Quarry joins Terriers in the One Season HoF.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Switching between episodes of Stranger Things season 2 and Mr. Robot right now. Lots of really good TV going on in the Shampoo house. :)

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
The bean counters at Cinemax/HBO are getting a lump of coal for Xmas. That decision totally sucked (for the ~17 Quarry fans). Quarry joins Terriers in the One Season HoF.

Not a cable show, but Firefly has to be in that HoF as well.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Just finished Halt and Catch Fire. VG show. Kudos to AMC for sticking with it, despite poor numbers. Highly recommended, even if one doesn't have a high tech bent.

Recently watched good shows: Top of the Lake (S2), Survivor's Remorse.

Pretty good: Mr. Mercedes

Dropped Blindspot & Designated Survivor (lost interest). Like Speechless & The Good Place. Loved Netflix's Atypical. Started Stranger Things S2 (who hasn't). Curb has been VG to great. Very much looking forward to S2 of Good Behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.