TV Shows

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Looming Tower is very good. Rarely has a show made me that angry

+infinity

That the CIA had very actionable intel that they didn't share with the FBI (embedded at Alec Station, no less), is beyond the pale. Fiefdoms: no bueno. The people that build them: even worse. Hopefully, our intel agencies learned a lesson here. But what a cost! Am not confident this kind of mistake will not be repeated.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Finished Condor (AT&T Originals) today. Good show.

Started the All or Nothing, Man City documentary. 2 episodes in and it's riveting (granted, I'm a footy geek).

Anyone watching Sharp Objects (HBO)? VG stuff.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
How's everyone liking Better Call Saul this season? I really like it and like how they flash forward at the beginning of the episodes. I like they way they are tying things together with Breaking Bad.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
How's everyone liking Better Call Saul this season? I really like it and like how they flash forward at the beginning of the episodes. I like they way they are tying things together with Breaking Bad.

This season of BCS was tremendous.

Just finished s1 of Bodyguard (BBC). VVG show.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I just finished S3 of Man in the High Castle. All I can say is "Wow!!"

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Heard Get Shorty is very good. Started it and, hell yes. What a hoot. Gonna be a binger.

Also, one of my daughters alerted me that Bodyguard is now on Netflix. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.*

* - probably

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
ICYMI - they are making a Breaking Bad movie (likely for TV). The latest details indicate that it will be a sequel centered around Jesse after the events of Season 6.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
ICYMI - they are making a Breaking Bad movie (likely for TV). The latest details indicate that it will be a sequel centered around Jesse after the events of Season 6.

yeah, would be nice to find out what happened to him...I did miss that, thanks for sharing.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
PSA: Netflix just dropped season 3 of Last Kingdom. While S2 wasn't as good as S1, still a VG show (and different from the standard fare).

Finished S2 of Get Shorty. Really enjoyed it. Hoping there's a third season. Netflix just picked up season 1. Check it out.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
PSA: Netflix just dropped season 3 of Last Kingdom. While S2 wasn't as good as S1, still a VG show (and different from the standard fare).

Finished S2 of Get Shorty. Really enjoyed it. Hoping there's a third season. Netflix just picked up season 1. Check it out.
Good to hear on Last Kingdom. Wife and I really liked it.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
If anyone here enjoys Monty Python-esque humor, check out Norsemen on Netflix. I'm only a few episodes in, but it is quite entertaining.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If anyone here enjoys Monty Python-esque humor, check out Norsemen on Netflix. I'm only a few episodes in, but it is quite entertaining.

Speaking of Monty Python, the entire catalog is on Netflix now.

Finally started Killing Eve. Really good. Binge fest. Bring on season 2!

The new season of BoJack Horseman was strong.

The final season of House of Cards was a dumpster fire.

eMitch

Quincy, IL
Heard Get Shorty is very good. Started it and, hell yes. What a hoot. Gonna be a binger.

Also, one of my daughters alerted me that Bodyguard is now on Netflix. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.*

* - probably

Watched Bodyguard on your rec - awesome! Thanks

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
S3 of The Last Kingdom (Netflix) dropped. Killing Eve is excellent. Buster Scruggs (Netflix) looks entertaining. S2 of Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) dropped. Great show to watch with your significant other. S1 of Get Shorty is on Netflix. Watch it, lol. S2 of Counterpart is coming soon. Really enjoyed the first season.

Currently binging S1 of Jack Irish (an Aussie production). VG, but, then again, I'm a big Guy Pearce fan.

So many great shows, so little time.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Forgot to give a shout out to Atypical (Netflix). 2 seasons, excellent show. Started The Kominsky Method (Netflix). Love it, thus far. Anyone try Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)? Really enjoyed the Columbian version and really like Michael Pena. Hasan Minhaj is killing it with Patriot Games (Netflix). Dogs (Netflix) is excellent too.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
New season 3 of Travelers on Netflix today

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. It'll be interesting to see how much is changed with Netflix being in charge.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Stumbled upon Loudermilk (Audience Network). Stars Ron Livingstone as a thoroughly unlikeable, yet real, substance abuse counselor. 2 episodes in and it's good.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
So many good shows. Too little time. My latest list:

Russian Doll (Netflix)
Sex Education (Netflix)
Atypical (Netflix) - probably cited this before, but it’s VVG
Shetland (BBC)
Happy Valley (BBC) - outstanding
Luther (BBC) - Idris Elba, say no more
Endeavour (BBC)
Detectorists (BBC) - great & very funny
Travelers (Netflix) - not much of a SciFi guy, but this is good
Patriot Act w/Hasan Minhaj (Netflix)
Last Week Tonight w/John Oliver (HBO)
The Kominsky Method (Netflix) - hilarious
Ozark (Netflix) - dark, but VVG
The Good Place (NBC) - season 1 is on Netflix. great show
True Detective (HBO) - really liked this iteration (S3)
Counterpart (Starz) - JK Simmons, say no more

Obviously, YMMV.

So many good shows. Too little time. My latest list:

Russian Doll (Netflix)
Sex Education (Netflix)
Atypical (Netflix) - probably cited this before, but it’s VVG
Shetland (BBC)
Happy Valley (BBC) - outstanding
Luther (BBC) - Idris Elba, say no more
Endeavour (BBC)
Detectorists (BBC) - great & very funny
Travelers (Netflix) - not much of a SciFi guy, but this is good
Patriot Act w/Hasan Minhaj (Netflix)
Last Week Tonight w/John Oliver (HBO)
The Kominsky Method (Netflix) - hilarious
Ozark (Netflix) - dark, but VVG
The Good Place (NBC) - season 1 is on Netflix. great show
True Detective (HBO) - really liked this iteration (S3)
Counterpart (Starz) - JK Simmons, say no more

Obviously, YMMV.

It really is the golden age of television shows.

Of those you listed, I've seen and very much enjoyed Luther and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (the last episode on psychics was incredible). On my list are Russian Doll, Sex Education, Atypical (not a big fan of Michael Rappaport, but I can make due), Happy Valley, Ozark (all seasons), and True Detective (seasons 2 & 3; I doubt season 2 was as bad as the critics panned it to be, and I very much enjoy Mahershala Ali for season 3).

I'm primarily a Netflix viewer (the only other streaming service I have is Amazon), and the good thing about having Netflix programming is that there's less pressure to catch up on those shows because they will likely be there forever. Alas, here are some of the others on my current list "to watch later":
  • Murder Mountain (true crime docuseries about marijuana)
  • The Sinner (small town murder mystery with Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman)
  • You (aspiring writer turned stalker).
Perhaps I need some lighter shows to mix in there. :)