TV Shows

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Aussie import, Mr. Inbetween (FX), is a VG and drily funny crime, drama show.

In the same vein (crime), but not quite as good, Jett (Cinemax). Carla Gugino, yum, lol. She plays one tough cookie. Nice guest star turn by Giancarlo Esposito.

Technically it's not a TV Show, but El Camino (Breaking Bad movie) is out on Netflix this Friday. I can't wait to return to one of the best shows ever for another couple of hours.

Just hit play. Will report back.

Just hit play. Will report back.

If I were to channel my film review days, El Camino serves as a those craving for another nostalgic hit of more Breaking Bad. On it's own, though, I wonder how well it would hold up. It plays like what the first two episodes of a season 6 would have been.

Regardless of how you feel about this film, it is patented Vince Gilligan (without the trademark intro to the series).

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Plugged Mr. Inbetween (FX, black comedy, crime) a month ago. Haven't watched the season finale yet, but I need to make a correction to my earlier post: it's better than a VG show. Scott Ryan is fantastic, as is Damon Herriman. Needs to be renewed!

bdutts

Houston, Texas
If I were to channel my film review days, El Camino serves as a those craving for another nostalgic hit of more Breaking Bad. On it's own, though, I wonder how well it would hold up. It plays like what the first two episodes of a season 6 would have been.

Regardless of how you feel about this film, it is patented Vince Gilligan (without the trademark intro to the series).

After watching El Camino, it made me want to go back and rewatch Breaking Bad.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Binging For All Mankind (Apple TV+). Has helped get me over this weekend's bad results. VG show, better than its IMDB rating.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Anyone watching The Outsider (HBO)? So far (2 episodes in), it's excellent. Great cast, great script.

Finished Counterpart (Starz), The Capture (BBC) and Godfather of Harlem (Epix). VVG shows.

He was diagnosed with a form of dementia in 2015 which is what he ended up passing from. There was concern for his health during the Monty Python Live (Mostly) stage shows they did at the O2 in London back in July 2014 when he had difficulties learning his lines. His health got worse over the years to the point where as recently as a few years ago he was only able to say a few words of his agreement.

He's definitely one of the more underappreciated members of Monty Python. He was known for usually playing a woman in drag if the sketches called for it. He played Cardinal Biggles in the Spanish Inquisition sketch and was Mr. Creosote in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, perhaps his best known role within the Monty Python universe. He also played Karl Marx in the Communist Quiz sketch. He co-directed Monty Python and the Holy Grail with Terry Gilliam before being the sole director for Monty Python's Life of Brian and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. Here's a nice video tribute of him that's been on Youtube for several years now:

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Anyone watching The Outsider (HBO)? So far (2 episodes in), it's excellent. Great cast, great script.

Finished Counterpart (Starz), The Capture (BBC) and Godfather of Harlem (Epix). VVG shows.
I watched episode 1 of The Outsider last night. It's creepy, but very well done. I've got an idea of where it's headed, hope I'm wrong.

I've been watching Mrs. Maisel with the better half lately. The story is fairly predictable, but it's really, really well done and Alex Boerstein is hilarious.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I watched episode 1 of The Outsider last night. It's creepy, but very well done. I've got an idea of where it's headed, hope I'm wrong.

I've been watching Mrs. Maisel with the better half lately. The story is fairly predictable, but it's really, really well done and Alex Boerstein is hilarious.

Mrs. Maisel is great. Perfect show to watch with one's better half. All the supporting cast shines, but Boerstein shines brightest.

Outsider: yeah, it's creepy. Nevertheless, I'm hooked. Started it too soon, lol. Probably gonna watch ep. 4 tonight, then the waiting starts. No bueno. Ben Mendelsohn and Bill Camp are tremendous actors.

I've been on a major Outlander kick over the past month. I'm not usually into period piece-type shows or films, but this one has me hooked.

Late to the party, but Don't F*** With Cats (Netflix) and Unbelievable (Netflix) are excellent.

The trio of performances Kaitlyn Dever, Merritt Wever, and Toni Collette were incredible. Also, it was hands-down the best depiction of a trauma response that I have ever seen portrayed on screen. Show of the year candidate for me.

As far as Don't F*** with Cats goes, I am familiar with that story from a true crime podcast, but haven't dove into the docu-series yet.

Story came out yesterday that HBO is making 500 hours of content free to stream on either HBO Now or HBO Go (both the website and the apps). It will include 9 HBO series, 20 Warner Brothers movies, and 10 documentaries/docuseries. However, stuff like GoT, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Euphoria, and Chernobyl won't be part of the free content and the free content is only available in the U.S.. Per Variety, here's what will be free to stream:

Full Series
1. Ballers (5 Seasons)
2. Barry (2 Seasons)
3. Silicon Valley (6 Seasons)
4. Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
5. The Sopranos (7 Seasons)
6. Succession (2 Seasons)
7. True Blood (7 Seasons
8. Veep (7 Seasons)
9. The Wire (5 Seasons)

Warner Bros. Movies
1. Arthur
2. Arthur 2: On the Rocks
3. Blinded By the Light
4. The Bridges of Madison County
5. Crazy, Stupid, Love
6. Empire of the Sun
7. Forget Paris
8. Happy Feet Two
9. Isn’t It Romantic?
10. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
11. Midnight Special
12. My Dog Skip
13. Nancy Drew and The Hidden Staircase
14. Pan
15. Pokémon Detective Pikachu
16. Red Riding Hood
17. Smallfoot
18. Storks
19. Sucker Punch
20. Unknown

Docuseries and Documentaries
1. The Apollo
2. The Case Against Adnan Syed
3. Elvis Presley: The Searcher
4. I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter
5. The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
6. Jane Fonda in Five Acts
7. McMillion$
8. True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality
9. United Skates
10. We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest

Story came out yesterday that HBO is making 500 hours of content free to stream on either HBO Now or HBO Go (both the website and the apps). It will include 9 HBO series, 20 Warner Brothers movies, and 10 documentaries/docuseries. However, stuff like GoT, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Euphoria, and Chernobyl won't be part of the free content and the free content is only available in the U.S.. Per Variety, here's what will be free to stream:

Full Series
1. Ballers (5 Seasons)
2. Barry (2 Seasons)
3. Silicon Valley (6 Seasons)
4. Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
5. The Sopranos (7 Seasons)
6. Succession (2 Seasons)
7. True Blood (7 Seasons
8. Veep (7 Seasons)
9. The Wire (5 Seasons)

Warner Bros. Movies
1. Arthur
2. Arthur 2: On the Rocks
3. Blinded By the Light
4. The Bridges of Madison County
5. Crazy, Stupid, Love
6. Empire of the Sun
7. Forget Paris
8. Happy Feet Two
9. Isn’t It Romantic?
10. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
11. Midnight Special
12. My Dog Skip
13. Nancy Drew and The Hidden Staircase
14. Pan
15. Pokémon Detective Pikachu
16. Red Riding Hood
17. Smallfoot
18. Storks
19. Sucker Punch
20. Unknown

Docuseries and Documentaries
1. The Apollo
2. The Case Against Adnan Syed
3. Elvis Presley: The Searcher
4. I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter
5. The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
6. Jane Fonda in Five Acts
7. McMillion$
8. True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality
9. United Skates
10. We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest

my wife and I started watching mcmillions yesterday. We’re half way through. Way better than I was anticipating at this point. One of the fbi guys is a great interview.

Deleted member 526137

D
Recommend binge watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime. One of the best sci-fi shows ever.