TV Shows

I've been binge watching Letterkenny (Hulu). One of the funniest shows I've seen in years.

Fantastic show.

I've been seeking comfort with my first rewatch of Community since it ended, which is now streaming on Netflix.

Another I've thoroughly enjoyed was The Chef Show, based on the film Chef (also fantastic). It is a cooking show featuring director Jon Favreau and chef Roy Choi.

Deleted member 526137

D
Don't know where to put this but The Scheme on HBO is quite entertaining. This is my basketball fix.

Some of the winners from last night's Primetime Emmys:

-Comedy Series: Schitt's Creek
-Drama Series: Succession
-Variety Talk Series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
-Variety Sketch Series: Saturday Night Live
-Limited Series: Watchmen
-Television Movie: Bad Education
-Reality-Competition Program: RuPaul's Drag Race
-Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Eugene Levy, Schitt's Creek
-Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Catherine O'Hara, Schitt's Creek
-Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Jeremy Strong, Succession
-Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Zendaya, Euphoria
-Lead Actor in Limited Series or Movie: Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much Is True
-Lead Actress in Limited Series or Movie: Regina King, Watchmen
-Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Dan Levy, Schitt's Creek
-Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Annie Murphy, Schitt's Creek
-Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
-Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Julia Garner, Ozark
-Supporting Actor in Limited Series or Movie: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Watchmen
-Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America

Schitt's Creek became the first comedy series to win all of the four main acting categories in a single year, as well as the first comedy or drama series to win all seven major awards (Series, Acting, Writing, and Directing) in a single year. They also won two additional awards at the Creative Arts Emmys, becoming the most awarded comedy in a single year. Dan Levy also became the first person to win an award in all four major disciplines (Series, Acting, Directing, and Writing) in a single year.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Schitt's Creek is such a fun show to watch. At first I thought it was really cringy, typical "rich family falls from grace" thing, but there's so much joy and humanity lurking just under the surface.

Also great to see Julia Garner get a win. Her character on Ozark is so strong I can't imagine her being anything other than Ruth.

I don't often watch reality shows, but at the recommendation of a co-worker, I watched the first episode of Love on the Spectrum on Netflix and it was so wonderfully wholesome.

Ryllini

Lombard
I highly recommend “The Trial of the Chicago 7” and the “challenger” documentary on Netflix. I had to turn Adam Sandler’s new movie off. I can’t wait to see the Borat film, I loved the first and hear this one is living up to the billing. Sasha Baron Cohen is having a nice few months here.

Ryllini

Lombard
I also finished “The Haunting of Bly Manor” and would recommend that as well. The first 5 episodes were a little slow for me, but the final episodes pulled it together and was an enjoyable watch. Another netflix series.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Brassic. It'll get your mind off a singularly lousy day. Might need subtitles, just saying.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Kim's Convenience on Netflix has been my go-to/feel-good show lately.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'd never even heard of it until you mentioned it. I've watched the first several episodes and it is very enjoyable.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'd never even heard of it until you mentioned it. I've watched the first several episodes and it is very enjoyable.
I'm so glad! Of all the new shows I've picked up over the past year burning through Netflix, this one might be my favorite.

I'll give a revive to this thread.

Giving "Midnight Mass" a viewing on Netflix right now. 2 of 7 episodes in and Mike Flanagan has another horror hit.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I just started watching " Another Life " on netflix........very entertaining and good eye candy....spaceship journeys

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I've been enjoying S3 of "You" on Netflix. These people are seriously messed up...

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Another series on netflix I watched was "" Gomorrah ""............Italian Sopranos-ish....was fun to watch them speak in Italian and hear English....starting the 4th season they quit doing that and didn't even have sub-titles on the bottom so I lost interest....they now have it like it was b4 but I just can't get back into it....

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Recommendations from the Stoddard ranch in no particular order:
Only Murders in the Building - this is a whole lot of fun and keeps the cringy side of Martin Short in check
9 Perfect Strangers
The White Lotus
Ted Lasso
What We Do in the Shadows
Pretty much all the MCU shows on D+. Loki in particular was pretty good, "What If.." had it's moments
The Nevers - Neat mix of steampunk and "Inhumans"
Mare of Easttown
Hacks
The newest season of Archer was a good return to form
The Problem with Jon Stewart
Mythic Quest - If you've been missing "Silicon Valley" this is a decent pickup. If you work in technology, this hits a nerve every now and then.

Disappointments--
Y the Last Man. Not renewed for a 2nd season, I may not bother to finish the first
Season 3 of Killing Eve was not what I had hoped it might be
Schmigadoon. The concept sounds better than the show was. Cecily Strong is the weak point IMO.

Up Next
I think I need to give Squid Game a try
Scenes From a Marriage
McCartney 3-2-1
Lupin
The Lady and the Dale
Succession

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Recommendations from the Stoddard ranch in no particular order:
Only Murders in the Building - this is a whole lot of fun and keeps the cringy side of Martin Short in check
9 Perfect Strangers
The White Lotus
Ted Lasso
What We Do in the Shadows
Pretty much all the MCU shows on D+. Loki in particular was pretty good, "What If.." had it's moments
The Nevers - Neat mix of steampunk and "Inhumans"
Mare of Easttown
Hacks
The newest season of Archer was a good return to form
The Problem with Jon Stewart
Mythic Quest - If you've been missing "Silicon Valley" this is a decent pickup. If you work in technology, this hits a nerve every now and then.

Disappointments--
Y the Last Man. Not renewed for a 2nd season, I may not bother to finish the first
Season 3 of Killing Eve was not what I had hoped it might be
Schmigadoon. The concept sounds better than the show was. Cecily Strong is the weak point IMO.

Up Next
I think I need to give Squid Game a try
Scenes From a Marriage
McCartney 3-2-1
Lupin
The Lady and the Dale
Succession
Mare of Easttown was excellent....I lust after Kate W. I really really do.......