Tyler Trent

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-boilermakers-student-dies-bone-cancer-age-20

The former Purdue student and Boilermaker superfan who inspired countless sports fans with his gratitude and grace, passed away from a rare form of bone cancer today. He was 20. Trent was the honorary captain for the team in both the Old Oaken Bucket game vs. Indiana and the team's Music City Bowl loss to Auburn, which he was able to attend with the assistance of Colts owner Jim Irsay who flew Tyler and his family to Nashville for the game.

the national

the Front Range
that's really sad news. He was a bright spot this season for the boilermakers and the BigTen. It was pretty great that he got to fly down for one last Purdue game, even though it didnt result in a W.

My younger brother graduated from Purdue several years ago, and has since instilled in me a strong fandom of the Boilermakers. Presently, I live in Akron, OH to complete my degree. One of the highlights of my time here was quietly sitting in a small, local sports bar and witnessing Purdue steamroll Ohio State with Tyler Trent smiling on the TV as grown men all around me whined like toddlers.

Really puts being a sports fan into perspective in the grand scheme of life.

Boiler up, Tyler!