Update: Grad transfer WR Jalen Greene to Utah State

That's why I don't think it has anything to do with the QBs. Seems odd that he tweeted about committing to Illinois, but absolutely nothing about Utah State. It makes me think he's not entirely excited about the situation, or Utah State has a very strict Twitter policy.

That's why I don't think it has anything to do with the QBs. Seems odd that he tweeted about committing to Illinois, but absolutely nothing about Utah State. It makes me think he's not entirely excited about the situation, or Utah State has a very strict Twitter policy.

If he’s already there practicing I wonder if they had a ride to give him this spring as opposed to waiting on us.

If that's the case, you can't fault a guy for reevaluating the situation once he determined no one could throw him a catchable ball...

But I'll still stand by my earlier post stating that I don't see how anyone can consider this even a mediocre loss based on his 3 three years of D1 results....

Yeah, I agree. I don’t think it’s a big deal for production sake and if this wasn’t a fit, he’s gotta do what’s best for him.

He may not have known the extent until he was on campus working with the qbs. My understanding was that he was on campus.
How did you come to this understanding? Was there even more than one scholarship qb on campus? I'm not sure about the timeline, either. He was planning to come in May or June. Utah State summer school began May 7. Presumably he would have had to register before then. He was a blueshirt, meaning no official visit to Illinois so he would have had to come in on his dime. You think he came in April (after spring practice), threw the ball around with Cam, made some calls and left for Utah State?

It doesn't really matter. If he came, he didn't see what he wanted. If he didn't, he still didn't see what he wanted. He must have decided he didn't want to wait and chose Utah St. Personally, I think the restrictions he outlined he wanted met, were way beyond what his production merited. At least for any P5 school. On to the next. I don't think anyone is going to worry too much about losing this guy. If he blows up, well it's because he's in the Mountain West and that means nothing to a B1G school. If he doesn't blow up, well then, he wasn't good enough for the B1G anyway.... or even a MW school apparently. ;)
What matters to me is not that the Illini lost depth at wide receiver, but that someone comes on here essentially ripping on the players without any actual facts. The story seems to be completely fabricated. I think the poster deserves to be called out on it, or he can let us know what he based this on.

How did you come to this understanding? Was there even more than one scholarship qb on campus? I'm not sure about the timeline, either. He was planning to come in May or June. Utah State summer school began May 7. Presumably he would have had to register before then. He was a blueshirt, meaning no official visit to Illinois so he would have had to come in on his dime. You think he came in April (after spring practice), threw the ball around with Cam, made some calls and left for Utah State?

This is what I takeaway from this. Honestly, the guy is a one year receiver and next year we have one true sophomore qb with experience in the system. Not many people expected much. But, him leaving is a sign, for me, that the upside potential is lower than I was hoping.

What matters to me is not that the Illini lost depth at wide receiver, but that someone comes on here essentially ripping on the players without any actual facts. The story seems to be completely fabricated. I think the poster deserves to be called out on it, or he can let us know what he based this on.

I’m not sure what you are referring to, but our team isn’t great right now? But we are building and improving. I suspect after this year, we will be bowl game good. We will be weak at qb for at least one more season if not two.