USF 25, Illinois 19 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

Last edited:
One hand, you can say good effort. But, South Florida was awful. They had no business winning that game, and they still won it. So yeah sure moral victory, but not really that impressive when your opponent had a million mistakes and still win. It's probably demoralizing

Deleted member 631370

D
Will be very interesting to see how they respond on Friday night. Because a close loss like this can really demoralize a team. If they're not focused, Penn State is going to put 50+ on us and send us into a very bad place.

The outcome is disappointing, and clearly have plenty to work on, but there's a lot to be happy about too. Pretty much everyone thought this was a decently easy USF win. At least we beat the spread.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
This is not a moral victory. This was a giveaway. That is a shadow of the South Florida team they played last year, and the Bulls did everything they could to hand the game to the Illini. I haven't seen the stats but I'm sure S. F. Was well over 600 yards again.

This is not a moral victory. This was a giveaway. That is a shadow of the South Florida team they played last year, and the Bulls did everything they could to hand the game to the Illini. I haven't seen the stats but I'm sure S. F. Was well over 600 yards again.

South Florida had 626 yards. But only 25 points due to 124 penalty yards and poor kicking.

Deleted member 8632

D
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! So painful!

blackdog

Champaign
If I'm not mistaken USF had 600 yards offense.....yet it was the offense that lost the game. Can we please find a QB who can throw down field....Rivers is just a body to hand off to the running backs.
Dude if you think that you must be crazy. He's a true freshman in his first career start. He battled and made some god plays. That last completion to smalling while being dragged down really shows what kind of talent he has.

the national

the Front Range
I can’t belueve our defense held them to 25pts. That is the stat of the game for me. The offense was non-existent in the 2nd half

If I'm not mistaken USF had 600 yards offense.....yet it was the offense that lost the game. Can we please find a QB who can throw down field....Rivers is just a body to hand off to the running backs.
This is a really bad take, rivers played well for a freshman in that situation. Kid wanted to go for it on fourth down every time, has a lot of fight in him.

Great performance by available players. Went conservative and could not hold on. Clock management not good but it actually worked in our favor when we got the ball back. The coaches played not to lose in the second half...and we lost. Some positives but this was a very winnable game. Quarterback is still a problem. MJ is playing his very best with his experience but can't win against a decent defense holding the ball for so long. Pass protection not good either.