UT Martin game Sat., Dec. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great we finally scheduled a game, but this amounts to little more than another scrimmage against a bottom 25 team. I understand options were likely extremely limited, but I wish we could have found someone in the 100-200 range instead of another 300+.

No thanks. A no-win for us.
Other Power 5 schools play smaller schools in the same state all the time. Florida is playing North Florida and Florida Atlantic this year. Texas is playing Texas State, Sam Houston, and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.

It's pretty sad that we'd be afraid to play Bradley or Southern or Eastern or whatever.

Other Power 5 schools play smaller schools in the same state all the time. Florida is playing North Florida and Florida Atlantic this year. Texas is playing Texas State, Sam Houston, and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.

It's pretty sad that we'd be afraid to play Bradley or Southern or Eastern or whatever.
Notre Dame have been begging for games, we could have done better
Seth Davis wrote that Notre Dame was begging for a team under Kenpom 200, and
had turned down others....

I was hoping for Illinois State. Just a quick bus ride from one campus to another. I guess that would make too much sense. ISU is so hard up for scheduling game, they booked a game yesterday for tomorrow late afternoon with Greenville University, D 3 level.

We're not building our RPI resume by kicking sand in the face of a defenseless 5 year old. On the plus side, maybe many of our role players can log some significant flight hours.

Slu reportedly reached out to ND and they did not get a response from them
Wouldn’t have helped their resume. Maybe also disagreement on venue but wouldn’t think that would be big deal with no fans. Would have liked another competing game but also like to see Jacob and Cole get some time. We are going to need them. Going to be tough to get BBV time after this.

Get everyone some run, and (in theory) get some rest for your big dawgs and minutes for your subs.

Work out any and all kinks from the baylor game.

Be rested AND prepared to beat duke.

I don’t think we were looking to schedule back to back to back grueling games during this tough stretch we have coming up, right before the start of conference play. Brad probably wanted another tune up game since there are fewer non conference games this year.

We don't need to worry about building our resume when there's a chance that 4 big ten teams fill out the top 4 of the AP poll after this week.

We've got some sadists in here. Baylor + Duke in our non-con followed by the B1G slate will provide all the carnage you're looking for.

Exactly why I would have preferred a game against someone in the 150 range. Those are winnable games that prepare you for the B1G slate more than games against the likes of Chicago State. The Ohio game was incredibly more value to the team IMO. And remember, we lost Wright State (#114 on KenPom) and already replaced it with Chicago State (355 out of 357 on KenPom).

ChazzReinhold

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Exactly why I would have preferred a game against someone in the 150 range. Those are winnable games that prepare you for the B1G slate more than games against the likes of Chicago State. The Ohio game was incredibly more value to the team IMO. And remember, we lost Wright State (#114 on KenPom) and already replaced it with Chicago State (355 out of 357 on KenPom).
Not if the objective is to get the bench more time on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.