UT Martin game Sat., Dec. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year more than any may require the use of the bench to get teams through the season.

Also might be true. But I doubt the back end of our bench is going to beat a healthy Iowa, Wisconsin, MSU, OSU, Rutgers, or Michigan anyway if a few of our starters miss time.

This year more than any may require the use of the bench to get teams through the season.
Exactly this, you never know when you might get 1,2,3 guys down with covid and have to rely on your deep bench including walk-ons. Getting minutes any way you can now will pay dividends when the conference slate is in full swing. That being said, I'm not sure anyone will be allowed to play with covid postives on their team.

Also might be true. But I doubt the back end of our bench is going to beat a healthy Iowa, Wisconsin, MSU, OSU, Rutgers, or Michigan anyway if a few of our starters miss time.

OR, what if the back end our bench is playing the back end of one or more of their benches? Then the most developed bench will win. One positive in basketball and its possible you lose half the team, if not the whole team. There aren't the numbers to absorb contact tracing like football. It could be bench vs bench in any game.

B1G is already a gauntlet, not to mention 2 top 10 teams scheduled for non-con. Completely fine with this.
This. If we take care of business in the B1G we're good. Our SOS is going to be solid between the conference schedule and the Baylor and Duke games. This will give us a low risk opportunity to work on some stuff, especially any weaknesses thst may come to light in tonight's game.

After all these comments ragging on the quality of opponent in UT Martin it would certainly be very "Illinois" to be losing at halftime in this game. Here's hoping we put this team away like we did NC A&T. I'm hoping we break that 140 something point all-time scoring record and win by more than 62 (I don't care how many points the opponent has as long as we have at least 63 more than them!)

altenberger22

South Carolina
After all these comments ragging on the quality of opponent in UT Martin it would certainly be very "Illinois" to be losing at halftime in this game. Here's hoping we put this team away like we did NC A&T. I'm hoping we break that 140 something point all-time scoring record and win by more than 62 (I don't care how many points the opponent has as long as we have at least 63 more than them!)
Agreed, and let me add "...........to remain undefeated."

Status
Not open for further replies.