Illini_1979

Oregon
Monday, April 8th
Virginia 85, Texas Tech 77 OT

Saturday, April 6th
Virginia 63, Auburn 62
Texas Tech 61, Michigan State 51

--------
My money is on a Virginia vs. MSU final with the Spartans winning it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 746317

D
So,

(1) Virginia vs. (5) Auburn
(3) Texas Tech vs. (2) Michigan State

My money is on a Virginia vs. MSU final with the Spartans winning it all.
I have not seen Tech play yet … Given how much trouble MSU had with our defense, are there thoughts that MSU will have trouble with Tech's defense (have heard their D is very good, but I don't know its style …)

Deleted member 746317

D
We just watched the title game Sparty does win the title
Given the number of bunnies that MSU missed 'cuz they say Zion's shadow, I'd think MSU will match very well with Virginia, if MSU gets there … I haven't seen Tech play and have heard their D is really aggressive, so I'm wondering whether MSU matches up better with Virginia than Tech ….

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Can’t believe some of the articles about how Duke’s loss is bad for college basketball and no one cares about the tournament without them and Zion. Incredible.
It’s too bad. There were some really entertaining games this weekend and I anticipate there will be good games next weekend. But, the focus will be on the blue bloods being absent.

Can’t believe some of the articles about how Duke’s loss is bad for college basketball and no one cares about the tournament without them and Zion. Incredible.

True.

The worst part is that Duke nearly lost to two other teams before falling to MSU - I expected this to be a tough ride for Duke - either way. Why would someone cry for a team like that? With all due respect, Duke had one great player, etc (as part of THIS tourney), and yet they nearly lost TWO games and lost one.

Last edited:

the national

the Front Range
That Purdue virgina game was gold. Duke’s game play came no where close to that, all tourney long. No one to blame but themselves. Plus MSU makes teams like sloppy and disrupted. MSU earned their spot, as did the other teams. Duke did not.

sacraig

The desert
I think Texas Tech has overall looked like the best team thus far in the tourney. I like them to win it all.

I really hope not for two reasons. (1) If I can't have my championship then I sure don't want them to have one. It's a completely a**hole opinion, but there, I said it. (2) One of my degrees (the one not from Illinois) was earned at Texas A&M, which naturally breeds some contempt for Texas Tech.

Deleted member 236589

D
I think Texas Tech has overall looked like the best team thus far in the tourney. I like them to win it all.
Texas Tech has looked good, as has Michigan State, but Auburn....they wiped out Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky back to back to back. That's impressive.

Deleted member 4333

D
I have to ask the question. How good a coach is Bruce Pearl? (ducks out of the way)

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
The four elite eight games were all fantastic! This weekend was generally pretty good, and really made up for a fairly blowout-heavy first weekend. Looking forward to the final four — and, I can't resist bragging that I totally called it.

I have to ask the question. How good a coach is Bruce Pearl? (ducks out of the way)
He is very good. He has been successful at every stop including the University of Southern Indiana at Evansville. The city even named a street (Pearl Drive) after him.

Tech would be my preferred winner. But if they beat MSU and lose to VA I would also celebrate.

Illini_1979

Oregon
While TT and Auburn are playing very well, my thinking is that the pressure is going to get to them more than Virginia and MSU, who have experienced more recent success.

Status
Not open for further replies.