Visiting Illinois for Nebraska game

Thanks for this thread. I've got a group of MT fans coming up Saturday morning and staying the night, so this is a huge help.

I have been reading some reviews on Kams...seems like people either think it is the worst spot ever or the best...and I guess it is right next to the Theta house? Sounds like an amazing location!

Murphys and Legends get a few decent reviews.
I thought it was amazing when I was 19. A lot less amazing now that i'm 29. Depends on what you want out of your pre-game, really.

Question - we're planning on being in Champaign around 11-1130 Saturday morning. Where would you recommend parking? We want to do the campustown bars and then walk to Grange Grove and the stadium from there. Any obvious parking lots anywhere between those two that would make sense? Park on the north side of campus and use the shuttle after?

Last edited:
Question - we're planning on being in Champaign around 11-1130 Saturday morning. Where would you recommend parking? We want to do the campustown bars and then walk to Grange Grove and the stadium from there. Any obvious parking lots anywhere between those two that would make sense? Park on the north side of campus and use the shuttle after?
If you want to do the campustown bars there are a few parking garages right around green st. The one we always park in is on 6th and John and we've always had good luck with that one. It's only like a 10 minute walk from Green St. to the Stadium and the weather should be great so that's an easy walk. I think theres a couple other parking garages around those streets right behind Green St like on John St and Daniel St.

Woodridge, IL
I usually just find a parking meter. There's an app called Mobile Meter that you can use to pay.

Mattoon-Charleston Area
Drew is correct, Champaign's do charge on Saturdays but University's are free. Almost all roads west of Wright and north of Armory are Champaign meters. Also some parts of the Champaign campus have assigned parking, so watch out.

It's been few years since I made a game, but I used to park in the lot next to Huff Hall. You have to pay, but not too much. It's an easy walk to Memorial Stadium from there.