so....elbow foul reversed for WF
3 pt basket even tho wf touched it in the cylinder
foul discrepancy in favor of wf
etc etc etc

refs should get game misconduct and be suspended for rest of season
most monitor time in history of BB

DoctorOrange

Chicago, IL
Officiating was trash, but the game was lost with dumb turnovers and a stagnant offense against the zone. Wake has a couple good players.

redwingillini11

North Aurora
Disgusting officiating tonight. Like I said, I will be incredibly disappointed tonight if there is no ripping into these officials.

On the positive side of things:
I really liked how our 3 point shooters waited for their shot. Since AJ was on fire, every time he touched the ball I expected him to jack up a shot. But he was amazingly patient, and was willing to pass it a few more times to look for the open guy. I think that's some serious maturity. Hope that's one thing that we can build on out of this stupid stupid game tonight.

Man, tough loss but saw some fight. Smith looked smooth at the point at the end. Don't see him getting clean looks on offense. Need more from the bigs. Tough one to swallow.

Future Walk-On

Peoria, IL
Dude, did you see the officiating. Check out the Wake board, there are like 10 posts by their fans saying that we got reamed by the refs this game.

yeah im 100% aware. but the refs don't cause 2 turnovers in final 30 seconds because we can't hold a basketball.

breadman

Herndon, VA
WOW!! 30 pages of in-game comments!! That was fun, even though we lost. Agree with a lot of comments about the officiating, but you know, it seems we always get into these kinds of games for some reason over the years, as if nobody can believe that an Illinois team can really be this good.

Deleted member 4960

D
I hope he didn't. If he did I have to call him shady based on his history. We made too many mistakes and our interior play killed us tonight. Plus we gave up a lot of open 3's in the 2nd half plus one stupid 3 pt foul. Then you throw the crappy refs into the equation. We had 2 possessions taken away from us plus the points that were scored off of them. Ridiculous!!! And there is no way those calls were supposed to be made!!!

Dude, did you see the officiating. Check out the Wake board, there are like 10 posts by their fans saying that we got reamed by the refs this game.
ESPN announcers referenced a circus ( in context of officiating).

I only watched half the game but saw a foul waived on wake waived off after a review and a goaltend turned into a 6 point swing.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Can’t go cold for long stretches. Frustrating turnovers. Refs were awful, especially in 2nd half. Lots to improve on, but I believe this team is in good hands with Underwood and his staff.