Week 1 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 1 college football news & games thread! Feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Thursday, August 30th

New Mexico State at Minnesota
6:00pm CT - BTN

Northwestern at Purdue
7:00pm CT - ESPN

Friday, August 31st

Utah State at Michigan State
6:00pm CT - BTN

Western Kentucky at Wisconsin
8:00pm CT - ESPN

Saturday, September 1st

Texas vs Maryland (Landover, MD)
11:00am CT - FS1

Oregon State at Ohio State
11:00am CT - ABC

Texas State at Rutgers
11:00am CT - BTN

App State at Penn State
2:30pm CT - BTN

Washington vs Auburn (Atlanta, GA)
2:30pm CT - ABC

Tennessee vs West Virginia (Charlotte, NC)
2:30pm CT - CBS

NIU at Iowa
2:30pm CT - BTN

Indiana at FIU
6:00pm CT - CBSSN

Michigan at Notre Dame
6:30pm CT - NBC

Akron at Nebraska
7:00pm CT - FOX

Alabama vs Louisville (Orlando, FL)
7:00pm CT - ABC

Sunday, September 2nd

LSU vs Miami FL (Arlington, TX)
6:30pm CT - ABC

Monday, September 3rd

Virginia Tech at FSU
7:00pm CT - ESPN

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Now taking suggestions for the Pro-Illini sign I'll be bringing to Game Day for the ND game. Probably Lovie themed.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Is this a new thing the B1G is doing where they have a conference game as the first game of the season?

I feel like they did it last year too. Without looking it up I think it was...Indiana and Ohio State maybe? I can’t quite remember. I just thought it was odd.

Dan

Admin
AP Poll
https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Georgia
4 Wisconsin
5 Ohio State
6 Washington
7 Oklahoma
8 Miami (FL)
9 Auburn
10 Penn State
11 Michigan State
12 Notre Dame
13 Stanford
14 Michigan
15 USC
16 TCU
17 West Virginia
18 Mississippi State
19 Florida State
20 Virginia Tech
21 UCF
22 Boise State
23 Texas
24 Oregon
25 LSU

Deleted member 631370

D
Dang is the B1G really supposed to be 5 teams in the top 15 good this year?

Yes.

Ohio State is Ohio State. Wisconsin returns pretty much everybody from last year's team. Michigan is going to have a nasty defense, and finally got a QB in Shea Patterson. Michigan State returns most of their team from last year, including LJ Scott and Brian Lewerke.

Penn State is the interesting one......they lose 9 starters on defense as well as Saquon Barkley, Mike Gesicki, and Daesean Hamilton. But their freshman class is LOADED. They have the #1 RB recruit in the nation, the #1 WR recruit in the nation, and a loaded defensive class -- headed by Micah Parsons who has superstar potential. And with Heisman contender Trace McSorley back at QB with Juwan Johnson at WR and Miles Sanders at RB, they definitely have top-10 potential.

The Big Ten East is as good a division as there is in all of college football.

illini80

Forgottonia
Yes.

Ohio State is Ohio State. Wisconsin returns pretty much everybody from last year's team. Michigan is going to have a nasty defense, and finally got a QB in Shea Patterson. Michigan State returns most of their team from last year, including LJ Scott and Brian Lewerke.

Penn State is the interesting one......they lose 9 starters on defense as well as Saquon Barkley, Mike Gesicki, and Daesean Hamilton. But their freshman class is LOADED. They have the #1 RB recruit in the nation, the #1 WR recruit in the nation, and a loaded defensive class -- headed by Micah Parsons who has superstar potential. And with Heisman contender Trace McSorley back at QB with Juwan Johnson at WR and Miles Sanders at RB, they definitely have top-10 potential.

The Big Ten East is as good a division as there is in all of college football.
Assuming the wheels don't come off at OSU, I agree. It's a shame all the crap going on when we should be celebrating the strength of the conference.

breadman

Herndon, VA
That NIU at Iowa game should be interesting. I think our Iowa game is winnable in the same way that Minny, Purdue and Maryland are. NIU has been strong in recent years.

Remember the name Rondelle Moore from Purdue. I can forsee him torching us for the next four years

breadman

Herndon, VA
Remember the name Rondelle Moore from Purdue. I can forsee him torching us for the next four years

Wow! This game is looking wide open now as the boilerplates have just tied up the kitty kats. Interesting and fun to watch.

Here's hoping that Hardy is watching those cutbacks by Moore and figures out a way to defend it by the time we play them.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Fitzy trying to look like the smartest guy in the stadium pulling Thorson after two perfect drives. This Moore kid on PU is gonna be murder for the next 3-4 years.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Purdue field goal kicker has a leg and a half, but just missed wide right.

Announcers say that Purdue lost 9 of their top 12 tacklers from last season.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Kind of looking like NW is getting away with a couple of questionable calls so far. One one defense and just now one on offense to help their cause.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
BTN showed Minnesota lockeroom and Fleck’s speech . Made me throw up. He should headline a used car salesman convention ( no offense to used car salesmen)

breadman

Herndon, VA
So who out there is enjoying the Utah St.-MSU game besides me?
MSU has a lot of time to win it with a field goal with seconds to play, so we'll see. Stay tuned.

Is this a new thing the B1G is doing where they have a conference game as the first game of the season?

I feel like they did it last year too. Without looking it up I think it was...Indiana and Ohio State maybe? I can’t quite remember. I just thought it was odd.
I may be mistaken, but I thought this resulted from adopting the nine-game league schedule. I'm hoping these first week league games is purely transitional.