Week 1 Games

For those looking to watch some of the other state schools here in Illinois, EIU will be playing at Arkansas tomorrow afternoon. Kick-off is set for 3:00 PM and the game will air on the SEC Network.

And oh by the way, today just happens to be the 5 year anniversary of Jimmy G and the Panthers winning at San Diego State in what was arguably the biggest win in school history (against an FBS school anyway).

Deleted member 631370

D
Wow, not much chatter around here.

I was at the Penn State - App State game. "WOW" is all I can say. Why Big Ten powers schedule App State is beyond me........they're legit. PSU was missing a bunch of key defensive pieces, and it showed. They needed some big TDs by some stud freshmen to avoid the upset.

Shea Patterson's big opener with Michigan ends in a resounding thud. Another disappointing season in story for Harbaugh? They still can't generate offense or win big games on the road, apparently.

Ohio State looks like a well-oiled machine, per usual.

Kansas lost to Nicholls State. They need to shudder their football program entirely.

Maryland beats Texas in College Park. Man, UT just can't seem to get it going. I expected better of Tom Herman. Too much time at strip clubs, apparently.

USF beats Elon 34-14.

Deleted member 631370

D
Games like that make living in Austin even better than it is. God I hate UT fans

If Texas isn't careful, they're going the route of Nebraska and Tennessee......slipping further and further from national relevance.

They haven't had a 10 win season since 2009. And they're sure as hell not going to win 10 games this year.

With the talent that UT gets, it's criminal that they're as mediocre as they are. TCU has long since passed them by as the premiere team in that state. And that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

If Texas isn't careful, they're going the route of Nebraska and Tennessee......slipping further and further from national relevance.

They haven't had a 10 win season since 2009. And they're sure as hell not going to win 10 games this year.

With the talent that UT gets, it's criminal that they're as mediocre as they are. TCU has long since passed them by as the premiere team in that state. And that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

#Goals

If Tom Herman was a bad hire and Ed Orgeron was a good one, there might just not be a way to reliably objectively look at the coaching carousel as much more than a crapshoot.

I have been to quite a few games. It is the biggest part of what has grown my hatred for UT football and it’s fans. It’s a combination of both entitlement and indifference to the actual game happening, despite 100k people being there.

My personal highlight was when West Virginia came in and whooped up on UT in their first year in the big 12.

Deleted member 631370

D
If Tom Herman was a bad hire and Ed Orgeron was a good one, there might just not be a way to reliably objectively look at the coaching carousel as much more than a crapshoot.

Yeah, I expected much more out of Herman.

Then again, Chris Peterson's first two seasons at Washington were 8 wins and 7 wins -- a decrease from Sarkasian's final year. James Franklin's first two seasons at Penn State were 7 wins and 7 wins -- a slight decrease from Bill O'Brien's tenure. Kirby Smart's first season at Georgia was 8 wins -- a decrease from Richt's last few seasons in which he won 10+.

For whatever reason, some really, really good football coaches get off to slow starts implementing their new systems at their new schools even though they inherit talent.

As for Orgeron......give it time. Miami is a mess right now, and LSU took full advantage. But once he hits SEC play, LSU is going to need to be much more fundamentally disciplined and multi-dimensional to beat the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, etc.

From an FSU grad.... FSU has played really, really bad tonight. Still had a chance late but the fumble was awful.

Jerseys are beautiful though

I have no beef with Florida state other than the insomnia cookies in Tallahassee was subpar and that is unacceptable.

Deleted member 29907

D
From an FSU grad.... FSU has played really, really bad tonight. Still had a chance late but the fumble was awful.

Jerseys are beautiful though
Tech’s D had a lot to do with that. ;)

But the play call after the time out was bizarre.