Week 1 Games

I agree there aren’t 8 most years. But there also are not 68 teams with a chance to win in basketball. It gives an opportunity for upsets, and some fun matchups. And 8 avoids byes, which in football are worth significantly more than any sport (which is why I feel they shouldn’t be given).
I agree, no byes. Plus 8 gives a chance for an undefeated Central Florida, Boise St or BYU to show what they can do.

Deleted member 656517

D
The real question to ask ourselves after week zero is... Does Khalil Tate wish he transferred to The Illini?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
The real question to ask ourselves after week zero is... Does Khalil Tate wish he transferred to The Illini?

Holy crap, I didn’t realize AZ had lost to Hawaii. Tate threw a pick in his first series it looks like and then a crushing one late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

If he gets benched for that other dude, he is going to be kicking himself for not transferring to a place with a little less QB competition and an offense made just for him.

Deleted member 631370

D
Holy crap, I didn’t realize AZ had lost to Hawaii. Tate threw a pick in his first series it looks like and then a crushing one late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

If he gets benched for that other dude, he is going to be kicking himself for not transferring to a place with a little less QB competition and an offense made just for him.

He had 361 yards passing, 3 TDs and 2 INT, and had 108 yards rushing. I think his job is safe.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
He had 361 yards passing, 3 TDs and 2 INT, and had 108 yards rushing. I think his job is safe.

Oh he had a good game (except for that pick late) but Sumlin has to find a way to win. And if that isn’t happening, I could see Sumlin look toward the future and start playing his younger new guy (I think he was a transfer right?...I can’t remember) to get him experience.

The marquee games tonight include UCLA at Cincinnati, Georgia Tech at Clemson, and Utah at BYU.

Among the state schools playing tonight, you have EIU at Chattanooga, SIU at Southeast Missouri State, and WIU at North Alabama.

Deleted member 29907

D
Watching Clemson's entrance. Kinda lame - they have to take a bus from their center to the field and then run down a potential knee ripping hill - strange.

Hurricane Dorian already impacting this weekend's schedule. Boise State and Florida State were set to play Saturday night in Jacksonville, FL, but due to the weather that game has now been moved to Tallahassee and will air at Noon ET on ESPNEWS.

Deleted member 656517

D
We better massacre UConn, who barley beat Wagner 24-21. Who tf is Wagner?

Deleted member 29907

D
Nope. this post was moved from the Football Performance Center thread where we were discussing the walk/march to the stadium from the locker room. Watching them get on a bus, walk to stadium and then have to carefully navigate a down hill trot 2x2 IMO was kinda lame - that combined with a band song (sorry marching illini), eh. I have not personally been to a Clemson game - so it might be much more electric in person, but it did not come across that way on TV.

Deleted member 29907

D
Minnesota just *barely* escaped at home against South Dakota State. After they stopped SDSU's fourth down attempt they celebrated like they won a B1G game. Glad to see them look awful in their opener. That game looks winnable and man would it feel good to sink the boat again.
SDSU is a good team - but we should be able to run on that minny line. Both minny lines looked pretty suspect and had it not been for a freshman QB on SDSU's side, minny loses that game.

Nope. this post was moved from the Football Performance Center thread where we were discussing the walk/march to the stadium from the locker room. Watching them get on a bus, walk to stadium and then have to carefully navigate a down hill trot 2x2 IMO was kinda lame - that combined with a band song (sorry marching illini), eh. I have not personally been to a Clemson game - so it might be much more electric in person, but it did not come across that way on TV.

Clemson's entrance is funky (the bus thing is definitely weird- but its unique) however, it is almost universally considered the gold standard for CFB entrances. I would kill to see an atmosphere like this at MS someday

Well I can personally tell you everyone here loves it. I went last night, first game since my grandad (a former clemson player) died. They don’t take the buses from the football performance center... the buses pick them up from the recruiting suite area of the West Endzone where the fans line up as the players walk briefly to the buses. After this, the buses circle to the east endzone (The hill) where the entire student section is sitting by ready to go crazy when they run down. Might be a bit much in most people’s eyes, but from firsthand experience, the energy in the stadium during this is unmatched from any college game I’ve been to

Last edited: