Week 1 Games

Deleted member 654622

D
Clemson's entrance is funky (the bus thing is definitely weird- but its unique) however, it is almost universally considered the gold standard for CFB entrances. I would kill to see an atmosphere like this at MS someday

Im sorry but this is dumb. It is just fabricated from the fans and media. If you break it down to actually what they are doing, it sounds very lame.
Hell the first kid on the left almost blew out his Achilles Tendon! Just shows you to find a reason to get your fans pumped anyway you can. The new IL march from the locker room brings a plethora of possibilities for a great tradition

Deleted member 29907

D
Clemson's entrance is funky (the bus thing is definitely weird- but its unique) however, it is almost universally considered the gold standard for CFB entrances. I would kill to see an atmosphere like this at MS someday

If that's the gold standard - I am selling. The announcer was saying its special, but it really seemed odd to me. My gold standard, albeit limited stadiums is Tech.
This is a bit long - but it shows the type of march we can have - now all we need is a kick butt song. No bus passes needed.

Deleted member 29907

D
Well I can personally tell you everyone here loves it. I went last night, first game since my grandad (a former clemson player) died. They don’t take the buses from the football performance center... the buses pick them up from the recruiting suite area of the West Endzone where the fans line up as the players walk briefly to the buses. After this, the buses circle to the east endzone (The hill) where the entire student section is sitting by ready to go crazy when they run down. Might be a bit much in most people’s eyes, but from firsthand experience, the energy in the stadium during this is unmatched from any college game I’ve been to
I have no doubt the fans love it - its tied to the school and tradition which is key. Which is probably why I prefer VaTech's over this - i do have an emotional tie to it - if you've been to a Tech game - I'd love to see the compare, I posted the Enter Sandman entrance in another post - its awesome even on TV, but TV doesn't even do it justice. Again, these things help build the spirit that we need to create. Win/Lose - we can still create a MUCH better game environment.

Deleted member 654622

D
If that's the gold standard - I am selling. The announcer was saying its special, but it really seemed odd to me. My gold standard, albeit limited stadiums is Tech.
This is a bit long - but it shows the type of march we can have - now all we need is a kick butt song. No bus passes needed.

We can totally do that! you know when we get fans in the stadium

breadman

Herndon, VA
Rutgers is getting its’ derrière handed to itself by . . . UMass . . . 😝

And as expected Wisky and MSU are winning handily while Purdon't just jumped on top of Nevada.

Ooops!. Upon closer review, Rutgers is up in the 4th 48-21.

Last edited:

breadman

Herndon, VA
Don't know if anybody is watching, but this Nevada/Purdon't game is coming down to the wire.
Very exciting!!!

Now tied at 31 with 52 seconds left and Nevada kicking off.

And there you have it!
Walk off field goal from 56 yards to win it for Nevada by a TRUE FRESHMAN!! Just wrote himself into the Nevada football history books!!
Amazing game! Glad I stayed up to watch it!!

Last edited:

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Don't know if anybody is watching, but this Nevada/Purdon't game is coming down to the wire.
Very exciting!!!

And there you have it!
Walk off field goal from 56 yards to win it for Nevada by a TRUE FRESHMAN!! Just wrote himself into the Nevada football history books!!

Watched the whole thing. AMAZING!!

Brohm ices Nevada’s kicker and the kicker misses it and then makes the next one. Hahahahahaahahahha

Among the key games being played between Saturday and Monday include Duke-Alabama, Oregon-Auburn, Houston-Oklahoma, and Notre Dame-Louisville.

Only game involving state schools this weekend is ISU at NIU.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Watched the whole thing. AMAZING!!

Brohm ices Nevada’s kicker and the kicker misses it and then makes the next one. Hahahahahaahahahha

Yes, as you mentioned, there are several details to the ending of this game that I left out but it all added up to a very exciting ending, no matter who won. I thought for sure that Purdue was going to run away with it, but they didn't. And as Lovie has been known to say "simple as that".

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Yes, as you mentioned, there are several details to the ending of this game that I left out but it all added up to a very exciting ending, no matter who won. I thought for sure that Purdue was going to run away with it, but they didn't. And as Lovie has been known to say "simple as that".

I was definitely rooting for Nevada and will root against Purdue for most games this season. (Depending on their opponent)

Very exciting!!!

And there you have it!
Woke up this morning and would have never believed it. Nevada was woeful on offense in the first half. Sounds like Purdue choked it away. Would like to see them do it against us. If we don't get any pass rush against them, we will have to score a lot of points.

Deleted member 631370

D
Ah yes, Purdue. All that hype after beating Ohio State, only to lose 7 games last year. And now, this.

Don't get me wrong. They're definitely a program on the upswing. But their ceiling is much lower than what I think many believe. Brohm is not the next coaching phenom, IMO. A good coach -- I'd gladly take him here. But Purdue is still Purdue.

They do have a lot of offensive weapons, though. They'll give us fits. But if you have to throw 52 times against Nevada -- and fail to rush for 100 yards as a team -- that's a big problem.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Very exciting!!!

And there you have it!

If it goes the other way on us this year, expect to hear Jay Norvell's name as part of the conversation.

Deleted member 29907

D
Very exciting!!!

And there you have it!
Yeah, turns out trying to ice the kicker was a bad call. Nevada rushing kicking team out to the field - kicker rushing to get into position to make a hurried kick - let's call a time out to let him settle down. A 30 yd field goal and its probably a good idea. A long shot, less pressure 56 yd field goal - don't give him time to get set.

Taking it back to the entrances, let’s be honest. Nothing like that will ever work here because people will complain about others standing and not being able to see the players run on to the field.