Week 13 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 13 college football news & games thread..feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, November 23rd

Penn State at Ohio State
11:00am CT - FOX

Minnesota at Northwestern
11:00am CT - ABC

Michigan State at Rutgers
11:00am CT - FS1

Michigan at Indiana
2:30pm CT - ESPN

Nebraska at Maryland
2:30pm CT - BTN

Purdue at Wisconsin
3:00pm CT - FOX

The Penn State Ohio State at 11am baffles me

FOX marketing. Rather than have a top game in primetime, they're doing the top games at Noon ET marketing it as Big Noon Kickoff.

Could just be that they wanted to avoid getting killed in the ratings by Saturday Night Football, especially when FOX is really limited to only about 2-3 conferences they're showing games for.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
FOX marketing. Rather than have a top game in primetime, they're doing the top games at Noon ET marketing it as Big Noon Kickoff.

Could just be that they wanted to avoid getting killed in the ratings by Saturday Night Football, especially when FOX is really limited to only about 2-3 conferences they're showing games for.

Doesn't the conference also avoid scheduling night games in November?

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I know TV trumps all but, watching Co St @ Wyoming last night playing in 15 degree temps. You could see every breath anyone took. Wouldn’t it be better all around to play that game on Saturday afternoon? For players and fans. Idk... maybe today’s forecast for Laramie is worse than last night. :noidea:

I’ve attended a couple of NIU made-for-TV weeknight games in November. It hasn’t been an experience that makes me want to do it again.

Final score in Clarksville, TN: Austin Peay 35 EIU 7

The Panthers end the season 1-11 overall and 1-7 in the OVC. While the season was obviously a disappointment for EIU, it was to be somewhat expected with their having one of the youngest teams on D-I. They only lose 4 seniors of any impact, 1 on offense and 3 on defense.

EIU opens next season on September 5, 2020 at home vs. Indiana State.

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
... or maybe not that bad. It's some crazy stuff out there in the desert.

It's a 10 point lead for ASU with a little over 3 minutes to go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 654622

D
Its a great time to move Utah to number 5. They have dominated everyone they have played except a close win in Washington and a lose at USC.

Deleted member 654622

D
With Arizona now officially out of bowl contention, how do you think Kahlil Tate feels considering he could have been at Illinois?
Taking the butterfly effect out and all, I think if we had Tate at QB, its not crazy to think we would have beaten EMU, Neb, Iowa and possibly Michigan.

With Arizona now officially out of bowl contention, how do you think Kahlil Tate feels considering he could have been at Illinois?
Taking the butterfly effect out and all, I think if we had Tate at QB, its not crazy to think we would have beaten EMU, Neb, Iowa and possibly Michigan.

Definitely would have been beneficial for both sides. However, one side still did well while the other did not. Sad to waste such a great talent. Kevin Sumlin is an overrated coach.

Deleted member 654622

D
Definitely would have been beneficial for both sides. However, one side still did well while the other did not. Sad to waste such a great talent. Kevin Sumlin is an overrated coach.
Yes we still have had success and we get another year of Peters as well

ISU is the only state school to make the FCS playoffs. The Redbirds will play in Cape Girardeau against Southeast Missouri State on Saturday. Kick-off is set for 1:00 PM and the game will air on ESPN3. The winner of that game will then travel to the #8 national seed Central Arkansas the following Saturday.

Its a great time to move Utah to number 5. They have dominated everyone they have played except a close win in Washington and a lose at USC.

Washington is 6-5 after an embarrassing loss to Colorado. That will stick in people's minds.

Top 5 won't change, guaranteed.