Week 4 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 4 college football news & games thread! Feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, September 22nd

Nebraska at Michigan
11:00am CT - FS1

Boston College at Purdue
11:00am CT - ESPN2

Minnesota at Maryland
11:00am CT - BTN

Buffalo at Rutgers
11:00am CT - BTN

Texas A&M at Alabama
2:30pm CT - CBS

Tulane at Ohio State
2:30pm CT - BTN

Michigan State at Indiana
6:30pm CT - BTN

Stanford at Oregon
7:00pm CT - ABC

Wisconsin at Iowa
7:30pm CT - FOX

Among the state schools today there's EIU hosting Tennessee State in the OVC opener for both schools, ISU at Colorado State, and NIU at Florida State.

One quick note on that EIU-TSU game is that Tennessee State will be playing their first game since Labor Day weekend as their games the last two weeks were cancelled due to weather. 2 weeks ago it was due to lightning when they were to play a neutral site game in Memphis. Last week they were supposed to play a game in Hampton, VA, but the game was cancelled due to Hurricane Florence concerns.

Final score in Charleston: Tennessee State 41 EIU 40

The loss breaks the Panthers' OVC opener winning streak and their winning streak over Tennessee State, both at 6.

EIU returns to action next Saturday at Tennessee Tech.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Was at the Iowa Wisconsin game last night (enjoyed the last 5 minutes). But in watching what I still this are the 2 best teams in the west, came away with the belief that we can compete with them. Win is another story. But more wins available if we play well in the western division than I though at the start of the season.

And I really hope Lovie can get this thing going and get an atmosphere for home games like it was in Iowa city last night.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Watching Nebraska and Michigan with interest. Frost's homecoming has been chilly.

For those that know better than I, was wondering if Frost has discovered that he hired into a dumpster file just like Lovie did. I thought Neb. had better kids for Frost to start out with.

Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern are all big-time chances at wins. And Maryland and Iowa aren't exactly juggernauts either.

It's right there for us to kick-start this thing.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern are all big-time chances at wins. And Maryland and Iowa aren't exactly juggernauts either.

It's right there for us to kick-start this thing.

Absolutely agree with this. Hopefully hosting Iowa will bring out the 12th man in our student body by that point in the season.

Iowa should've won by multiple scores. Two special team punt miscues. They are a good team, though their offensive play calling is as vanilla as it has been for decades.

In a similar vein, they should that if you can bottle up Taylor, Wisconsin is beatable.