Week 5 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 5 college football news & games thread! Feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, September 29th

Indiana at Rutgers
11:00am CT - BTN

Central Michigan at Michigan State
11:00am CT - FS1

Purdue at Nebraska
2:30pm CT - BTN

Michigan at Northwestern
3:30pm CT - FOX

Ohio State at Penn State
6:30pm CT - ABC

BZuppke

Plainfield
I would love to see PSU win big. It would make our loss better and it’s time to shake up the B1G East. I still hate Ped U but this would be the best scenario.

I am interested in the Purdue-Nebraska game. Not sure what might happen there.

SKane

Tennessee
Indiana at Rutgers
11:00am CT - BTN
INDIANA

Central Michigan at Michigan State
11:00am CT - FS1
MICHIGAN STATE

Purdue at Nebraska
2:30pm CT - BTN
PURDUE

Michigan at Northwestern
3:30pm CT - FOX
MICHIGAN

Ohio State at Penn State
6:30pm CT - ABC
OHIO STATE

Home team wins only one out of five.

Hoping to see the kitty cats get pounded in Ann Arbor to continue their losing streak ;-)

Their schedule doesn't look very favorable going forward . . . . (with my hoped for results)

NW v Purdue W 31-27
NW v Duke L 7-21
NW v Akron L 34-39
Michigan @ NW L
NW @ MSU L
Nebraska @ NW W
NW @ Rutgers L
WI @ NW L
ND @ NW L
NW @ IA L
NW @ MN L
IL @ NW L

:eek:

With the Illini on a bye there's a focus more on the in-state schools today with EIU looking for their first win of the season at Tennessee Tech, ISU at Missouri State, WIU hosting Youngstown State, SIU hosting South Dakota, and NIU at Eastern Michigan.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Indiana beating Rutgers by ten with about a quarter left. Rutgers made another quarterback change on their last drive. They are still bad but not the hot mess they have been last couple of games.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Syracuse up 23-20 against Clemson right now and is currently 4-0. While I’m happy we have Lovie and think we are really building something here, I think I would have been very happy in the alternate universe where we hired Dino Barbers after the Beckman/Cubit failure.

Indiana beating Rutgers by ten with about a quarter left. Rutgers made another quarterback change on their last drive. They are still bad but not the hot mess they have been last couple of games.
I am not impressed with either team. Nice first drive by Rutgers, though.

Illini took the lead on PSU with 10:30 left in 3Q... it took OSU an extra 10 seconds...

Illini >OSU ? PSU about to reel off 42 straight?

PSU certainly didn’t play at the same level early last week, but still feeling good about hanging in last week

Guys if it ever goes the other way with Lovie, I am going to ride the Jeff Monken bandwagon so hard. Doing an incredible job at Army and I <3 <3 <3 triple option football

Final score in Cookeville, TN: EIU 52 Tennessee Tech 38

EIU QB Harry Woodbery went 32-49 with 339 yards and 5 TD passes, 2 each to TE James Sheehan and WR Alexander Hollins.

The Panthers improve to 1-4 overall, 1-1 in the OVC. EIU hosts Murray State next Saturday night.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
That is a huge, impressive win for OSU on the road. PSU looked like they were going to steamroll them early.