Week 5 Games

BZuppke

Plainfield
Apparently Saban is complaining about lagging student attendance. Problem is they win too much. How fun is it to watch them beat up on most teams and have most of their games uncompetitive mismatches? I know some of you will say we could get used to it and we would for some time, but the tight battle type of games are the ones that hold your attention. Alabama needs to lose for awhile so their fans can value winning again.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ach-rants-poor-student-attendance/1518732002/

Deleted member 654622

D
I don't think it is that as much as who they were playing, Lafayette Louisiana. They schedule 2 cup cakes every year. If he doesn't like it, make a tougher schedule.

I don't think it is that as much as who they were playing, Lafayette Louisiana. They schedule 2 cup cakes every year. If he doesn't like it, make a tougher schedule.
Not ony do they schedule the cupcakes, but they tend to schedule them mid-season. If I were a voter, I'd drop them from the top 10 for playing the softies like that.

Deleted member 654622

D
Not ony do they schedule the cupcakes, but they tend to schedule them mid-season. If I were a voter, I'd drop them from the top 10 for playing the softies like that.
They absolutely should drop them, out of the top 4 at least. But they don't get punished for it, so they have no reason to change it. Meanwhile, they play 2 cupcakes and have a bye week every year. This gives them better odds to be healthier and more prepared to play the tougher competition at the end of the year. Alabama, Georgia, they are great teams. But Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss...they are poop. Playing in the SEC is no longer a valid excuse to have such a weak out of conference schedule. Maybe one day the committee will recognize that.