Week 7 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 7 college football news & games thread! Feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, October 13th

Nebraska at Northwestern
11:00am CT - ABC

Minnesota at Ohio State
11:00am CT - FS1

Iowa at Indiana
11:00am CT - ESPN2

Rutgers at Maryland
11:00am CT - BTN

Michigan State at Penn State
2:30pm CT - BTN

Georgia at LSU
2:30pm CT - CBS

Washington at Oregon
2:30pm CT - ABC/ESPN2

Wisconsin at Michigan
6:30pm CT - ABC

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
True, 1) I hate NW, and 2) I'd rather Nebbie get a win before we play them so they are not so desperate for a W.

I actually like Northwestern (no worries, nothing like the beloved). But I hate Fitz. And a good portion of their fanbase is annoying.

BZuppke

Plainfield
Home teams win all (including Illini) except Washington wins on the road.

Deleted member 29907

D
I actually like Northwestern (no worries, nothing like the beloved). But I hate Fitz. And a good portion of their fanbase is annoying.
Its those last two points that got me there... that and their crummy bball

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Last night South Florida was down 14 at Tulsa in the fourth and came back to win on a field goal as time expired 25-24. They are 6-0.

Maybe it is camera angles but there are tons of Nebraska fans at NW. They are loud too - almost seems they outnumber NW. We have to turn that stadium orange end of season especially if we are playing for a bowl ga,e

Deleted member 29907

D
Rutgers picking up where they left off - gashed for a long run with terrible safety help, pursuit

Deleted member 29907

D
Followed by Maryland recovering the kickoff - Rutgers not covering the kickoff well. Geesh

breadman

Herndon, VA
Watching Minny/OSU. Anybody but me notice that Minny actually has that oar going down the middle of their helmets?????????????????????
Also, Minny's defense is going to kill us!! They are giving OSU all they can handle.

the national

the Front Range
Watching Minny/OSU. Anybody but me notice that Minny actually has that oar going down the middle of their helmets?????????????????????
Also, Minny's defense is going to kill us!! They are giving OSU all they can handle.

They are playing up to Ohio St this week. I watched them play Iowa and they looked very beatable (assuming our defense can stop them)

Deleted member 11196

D
Go Huskers! (coming from a Northwestern alum, no less)

Nebraska is ahead as I post this... I knew Frost would have them playing better as the season goes on.... I hope they have a relapse in 4 weeks, otherwise they'll be tough

breadman

Herndon, VA
Well, there you go. PJ is feeling the frustration of not having his field goal team come through for him today at OSU. OSU not looking too impressive today.

the national

the Front Range
Iowa state looked good today. Man, if we had only hired Campbell... instead of lasagna man

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Apparently Jeff George Jr transferred to Pitt after spending the summer in Michigan. Don't know how that works. Anyways, enjoy:

"A decoy jersey is reason enough to run a fake punt

Pitt was trailing by five and facing a fourth-and-4 at its own 45. This was the moment Pat Narduzzi had been planning for. Out trotted third-string QB Jeff George Jr., son of the former No. 1 NFL draft pick and a Michigan transfer, wearing a No. 96 jersey. There was No. 96 listed on the travel roster. George had pulled it over his No. 3, lined up as the punter, took the snap and ran the fake. Brilliant subterfuge, right? Indeed. Except the play was a disaster from the outset, and Pitt turned the ball over on downs. It was like a mid-2000s M. Night Shyamalan movie with a convoluted twist that left everyone utterly perplexed."

Then they lost.