Week 7 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 7 college football news & games thread..feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, October 12th

Oklahoma vs Texas (Dallas, TX)
11:00am CT - FOX

Maryland at Purdue
11:00am CT - BTN

Rutgers at Indiana
11:00am CT - BTN

Michigan State at Wisconsin
2:30pm CT - BTN

Alabama at Texas A&M
2:30pm CT - CBS

Penn State at Iowa
6:30pm CT - ABC

Nebraska at Minnesota
6:30pm CT - FS1

Florida at LSU
7:00pm CT - ESPN

By far the biggest week in college football so far. Will the cream rise to the top or will we see chaos? I'm hoping for chaos.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Somewhere in one of these threads I called Mississippi State being the collapse team.

Dan Mullen's reputation could get a double boost today.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
An absolutely hideous loss for Jason Candle and Toledo who were 27 point favorites at Bowling Green, who are Akron bad, and they lost 20-7.

In Akron bad news, Akron is losing at home to Kent State 10-3 in the 2nd quarter.

I don’t view it as a better job than ours, probably a decent debate to be had but as things stand now that Vanderbilt job may be coming open.

UNLV is BAD bad. That game is in Nashville too.

All I’m gonna say is I usually bet favorites but today I decided to cancel all my bets at the last minute

The coaches at Virginia Tech and Vanderbilt better be praying for brighter days on the very near horizon. Otherwise, they gone.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
So with Akron trailing at home to Kent State 26-3 with a couple minutes left, and UConn down 42-0 to Tulane in the 4th, we can safely say that through week 7 we will still have ZERO transitive property FBS wins.

Akron will be 0-6, and UConn's only win was a three point squeaker against 1-5 FCS school Wagner.

We'll be heavily favored to beat Rutgers, and if we do, we'll finally gain a transitive FBS victory, through their win over F/+ ranked 130 out of 130 UMass. Akron couldn't beat them, but Rutgers did.

In other prior opponent news, program building mastermind and Illinois head coaching candidate Chris Creighton and Eastern Michigan lost at home to Ball State to drop to 0-2 in the MAC. Sleeper NFL prospect Mike Glass had three interceptions.

But our prior schedule gets a boost one way or another tonight, as Minny and Nebraska play one another.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Matt Rhule just put on a clock management clinic in this Baylor-Texas Tech game. He's also wearing a smock like an elementary school art teacher for some reason. I love this guy.

Matt Rhule just put on a clock management clinic in this Baylor-Texas Tech game. He's also wearing a smock like an elementary school art teacher for some reason. I love this guy.

Tech defensive coaching idiocy bailed him out. That should have been an L.

Gotta take my hat off to the administration at Arizona State, Herm Edwards is teaching an advanced course on “How To Properly Build a Program”. Winning, recruiting, empowering his staff and selling that place out.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Tech defensive coaching idiocy bailed him out. That should have been an L.

Gotta take my hat off to the administration at Arizona State, Herm Edwards is teaching an advanced course on “How To Properly Build a Program”. Winning, recruiting, empowering his staff and selling that place out.
At least one of my alma maters is doing me proud. Would rather it be my undergrad one though that I hold much nearer and dearer to my heart.

orange100

time to hop on the wife
Minnesota just blew the doors off Nebraska, so. Puts our recent performances in a bit more perspective.

Minnesota just blew the doors off Nebraska, so. Puts our recent performances in a bit more perspective.

Yes. For those who think you need 6+ years to rebuild watching Fleck, who I’ll concede is absolute goofball, or watching Satterfield at the tire fire that was Louisville I’d say it just takes the right guy. Someone who can teach sound principles and hold guys accountable. Look at Minny since firing their DC after the debacle against us last year. 8-1 and something like a top 30-40 defense. Night and day.

Well I guess This loss doesn't look so bad after seeing them handle Nebraska.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Well I guess This loss doesn't look so bad after seeing them handle Nebraska.

Our Nebraska and Minnesota performances fit together very nicely, Nebraska is terrible and Minny are pretty good.

We've been pretty consistent this year, it's our perception of our opponents that has bounced around.