Week 8 Games

Dan

Admin
Week 8 college football news & games thread! Feel free to add/discuss any other CFB games/news/items of interest :thumb:

Full Schedule [espn]

Saturday, October 20th

Michigan at Michigan State
11:00am CT - FOX

Maryland at Iowa
11:00am CT - ESPN2

Northwestern at Rutgers
11:00am CT - BTN

Minnesota at Nebraska
2:30pm CT - BTN

Penn State at Indiana
2:30pm CT - ABC

NC State at Clemson
2:30pm CT - ESPN

Ohio State at Pudue
6:30pm CT - ABC

Oregon at Washington State
6:30pm CT - FOX

Missouri rocking some really weird helmets this weekend with a logo I've never seen them use. The letter M.

sports_mizzou_faurot_field.jpg

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Missouri rocking some really weird helmets this weekend with a logo I've never seen them use. The letter M.

Us old-timers remember back in the 80s and 90s when Illinois and Missouri played almost every year that they had a block M on their helmets. Also I'm a little intrigued by the Purdue-OSU matchup tomorrow. I think Purdue will score on them.

Us old-timers remember back in the 80s and 90s when Illinois and Missouri played almost every year that they had a block M on their helmets. Also I'm a little intrigued by the Purdue-OSU matchup tomorrow. I think Purdue will score on them.
Yeah, I expect the Purdue/OSU game to be a lot closer than our game today.

bel96

Indiana
lol northwestern, losing to rutgers at halftime

the national

the Front Range
Man, Purdue is looking good right now. They looked lights out against us but it might not have been a fluke.. :noidea:

If I’m Purdue I’m paying Brohm anything I can to keep him there (and not in Louisville). Completely out coaching OSU

If I’m Purdue I’m paying Brohm anything I can to keep him there (and not in Louisville). Completely out coaching OSU
Agree..hope he goes soon....we are only ahead of Rutgers in pecking order. Purdue will be in top half with Brohm. Will be difficult to pass them. At least not in our division, our division is weak.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Purdue is going through OSU like a hot knife through butter. It's like hand the ball off and don't stop running until you score.

All the world is ending, fire Lovie, disband the program because we got stomped by Purdue posts really put into context tonight.

It looks like Purdue's rebuilding project was very successful.
Purdue is exactly what college football has been as a fan that I have grown to love and appreciate so much!!
Game was so fun to watch "never thought I would speak of Purdue like this" but I want ILLINI to be that fun again I BEG , I BEG!!

Living in Ohio with Purdue being my #2 B1G team (brother's alma mater), the feeling that came over me when watching/experiencing that game in a local watering hole alongside a dozen or so helpless OSU fans will fuel my week.
Was cheering like I didn't think possible lol
Boiler Up!! #woodshed

OSU.. the thing that brings big ten fan bases together like Christmas lol.

I didn’t think we were this good.

As to Brohm, Louisville isn’t a threat. They owe so much in buyouts to people from their AD to pitino that they probably don’t have enough money to pay Brohm if petrino quit.. if he doesn’t quit they’d owe him 14 million, they’d be on the hook for 6 mill to buy out Brohm.. not happening. Not with papa John and his money sent to the racist hills.

Big programs? Why? He’s god at Purdue right now. At LSU or Florida is usc he’d just be a disappointing coach with three losses.

He will be a top ten paid coach with fat raises for his staff, because years of fiscal responsibility and a self sufficient athletic department have left tons of money to pay him.

It’s the formula for success. Hire a guy worth paying, pay him, and if he can recruit a top 25 class and beat the #2 team in the nation at Purdue (or conceivably Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc) why would he leave there for schools that are flat busted broke like Louisville or schools where ... instead of back to back 10-2 seasons making you a god, back to back seasons like that make donors give you the stink eye and ask why you can’t win the big one ...

Brohm drives a 2005 Toyota

OSU.. the thing that brings big ten fan bases together like Christmas lol.

I didn’t think we were this good.

As to Brohm, Louisville isn’t a threat. They owe so much in buyouts to people from their AD to pitino that they probably don’t have enough money to pay Brohm if petrino quit.. if he doesn’t quit they’d owe him 14 million, they’d be on the hook for 6 mill to buy out Brohm.. not happening. Not with papa John and his money sent to the racist hills.

Big programs? Why? He’s god at Purdue right now. At LSU or Florida is usc he’d just be a disappointing coach with three losses.

He will be a top ten paid coach with fat raises for his staff, because years of fiscal responsibility and a self sufficient athletic department have left tons of money to pay him.

It’s the formula for success. Hire a guy worth paying, pay him, and if he can recruit a top 25 class and beat the #2 team in the nation at Purdue (or conceivably Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc) why would he leave there for schools that are flat busted broke like Louisville or schools where ... instead of back to back 10-2 seasons making you a god, back to back seasons like that make donors give you the stink eye and ask why you can’t win the big one ...

Brohm drives a 2005 Toyota

While I don't inherently disagree with any of this, if one of those big school come calling Brohm will listen. He is human, after all and the ceiling at a place like USC or Tennessee is just flat out higher than Purdue, Illinois, NW, etc. Scott Frost was God at UCF but when Nebraska came calling he was gone. Brohm did not go to Tennessee but he did listen to what they had to offer. If he has any NFL coaching dreams the primary route to get there is through one of these big programs.