Penn State at Indiana
2:30pm CT, FS1

Iowa at Purdue
2:30pm CT, BTN

Michigan at Minnesota
6:30pm CT, ABC

Maryland at Northwestern
6:30pm CT, BTN

Anyone watching Rutgers @MSU? Rutgers up 14-0 after 3 possessions. It ought to be 21-0. Great play calling by Rutgers! Superb mixing of pass and run! This is exactly what we need to be doing instead of always trying to establish a ground game.

Anyone watching Rutgers @MSU? Rutgers up 14-0 after 3 possessions. It ought to be 21-0. Great play calling by Rutgers! Superb mixing of pass and run! This is exactly what we need to be doing instead of always trying to establish a ground game.

Yeah, we're not winning that game.

illini80

Forgottonia
So far we are the only team to really embarrass themselves. Nebby with a much better showing against OSU than we had. Purdue, Rutgers, Indiana all look solid. We have some MAJOR work to do if we want to win 3 games.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Great end to the Indiana game! Never thought I would root for the Hoosiers.

Don’t think that conversion should have counted. The ball hit the ground before the pylon and the pylon was set up at the start of the goal line.

Not upset at Ped St losing.

Cook

Richmond, VA
Also note that Indiana game was totally different than our crazy upset of Wiscy last year. It was PSU that had to come back first. IU was competitive start to finish and mostly held the lead. The games they lost last year were close. They seem to have somehow built a real program.
Us, on the other hand, continue to get blasted like we don't even belong on the field, but once in a while pull a rabbit out of a hat and think we've become legit. :tsk:

Deleted member 747277

D
Man, watching these games/seeing highlights is a making me even more sad about yesterday’s game. I can’t even enjoy these games because I’m just fretting what’s to come.

Nah. I'll take the wins (and his ability to recruit).

We will see if he can actually sustain wins. The jury is still out.

Last years success was the culmination of the program Jerry Kill was building.

He’s done better than Lovie, but also took over a better program.

With all the hype they were receiving this year, I’m keeping an eye on how Fleck does. (And rooting against him every week)

Ryllini

Lombard
We will see if he can actually sustain wins. The jury is still out.

Last years success was the culmination of the program Jerry Kill was building.

He’s done better than Lovie, but also took over a better program.

With all the hype they were receiving this year, I’m keeping an eye on how Fleck does. (And rooting against him every week)
I would take Fleck. I’m over worried about schtick or thronging over hour glasses for a recruit to commit. I want our team to win and be respected. Bottom line, he has improved his team greatly three years in a row. He is young and full of energy and by all accounts wants to be there. Obviously won’t be 11 wins this year, but guaranteed they will win more than we do.

Deleted member 654622

D
It’s hard for me to keep track of all the names that get mentioned, but I thought Fickell had pretty much ruled Illinois out previously??
The only thing I recall was there was a supposed interest communicated from Josh to Luke. I would not expect any coach to say he was interested in any job while still coaching at a school

illini80

Forgottonia
The only thing I recall was there was a supposed interest communicated from Josh to Luke. I would not expect any coach to say he was interested in any job while still coaching at a school
I’m sure youre right about that. My fuzzy recollection was it came from Werner’s show. Maybe an interview with someone. I really hope it doesn’t come down to starting over again, but Friday night was a train wreck. At some point I’m going to be too old to care if they are rebuilding again or not and it’s a lot closer than it was a few coaches ago.

Deleted member 654622

D
I’m sure youre right about that. My fuzzy recollection was it came from Werner’s show. Maybe an interview with someone. I really hope it doesn’t come down to starting over again, but Friday night was a train wreck. At some point I’m going to be too old to care if they are rebuilding again or not and it’s a lot closer than it was a few coaches ago.
I hate the fact that we are in the position. There are a lot of things we as fans were looking forward to with what we believed they were building. I have been crushed. These players deserve better than this. I hope we give it to them