Welcome to the new Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Tapatalk will not be supported now or in the future.

Pardon the delay in giving a definitive response, took a few days to look into it. This software (unlike the old software) has frequent major & minor updates which I'd like to keep up with. Having a major plugin such as TT would add an extra layer of delay in making upgrades, that plus other issues with tt I've decided not to install it. Understand it was nice to have an app in the past, for now please give the site a try in the mobile browser it works quite well.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Back in my day we called them "emoticons."

Emoticons are built from keyboard characters that when put together in a certain way represent a facial expression, an emoji is an actual image.

Dan

Admin
Dan is there a way to jump to the first unread message in a thread? We had that capability on the old board but I can't seem to find it now. Thanks- the new format is nice to look at it.
Clicking the thread title will take you to the latest unread post if there are any*

* since this may still be the first time logging in for many, just about every post is a "new post" including the first post in a thread. Might have to go thru & click "Mark Read" on each forum before the new post feature is usable. (the jump to first unread post feature really only works well for registered accounts)

Last edited:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Having had a few days with the new forum platform, I can unequivocally say "Great job, Dan." Haven't tried it on iOS yet, but it sounds like a major improvement for mobile users. Big, big kudos for giving Illini fans an outstanding platform!

Clicking the thread title will take you to the latest unread post if there are any*

* since this may still be the first time logging in for many, just about every post is a "new post" including the first post in a thread. Might have to go thru & click "Mark Read" on each forum before the new post feature is usable. (the jump to first unread post feature really only works well for registered accounts)

Clicking on the the thread on the right side of the home page however brings you to the first post of that thread, I believe regardless of any other conditions.

EDIT: Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about as I just tested it out and it appeared to work fine. I'll probably just believe what the guy who runs the place says.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that the image resolution of existing avatars (from previous forum) decreased, making some of the avatars appear blurry. The quick and easy solution is for posters to upload a new avatar or a higher resolution image of the existing avatar.

Deleted member 4333

D
One thing I noticed is that the image resolution of existing avatars (from previous forum) decreased, making some of the avatars appear blurry. The quick and easy solution is for posters to upload a new avatar or a higher resolution image of the existing avatar.

Yes, Flash and Dale are looking a little grainy. :(

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Admin
Clicking on the the thread on the right side of the home page however brings you to the first post of that thread, I believe regardless of any other conditions.

EDIT: Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about as I just tested it out and it appeared to work fine. I'll probably just believe what the guy who runs the place says.
No you're correct :) That was a bug, I believe it's been fixed now

Dan

Admin
There's a spoiler alert tag

Like this-
[SPOILER]There's a spoiler alert tag[/SPOILER]

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Does
this
work?
Ha! I forsee a sort of Illini basketball invisible-ink game coming...

Reactions: Dan

Deleted member 654622

D
There's a spoiler alert tag

Like this-
[SPOILER]There's a spoiler alert tag[/SPOILER]

The real test. A spoiler gif inside a spoiler...

SpoilerAlert.gif
[SPOILER}

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Why does this new setup send me an alert for every single new post? It's annoying. Before I only got them when someone sent a PM. Is there a way to change that setting? I only want an alert when I get a PM.

EDIT: I found it. Click on your name in tool bar, Preferences, unclick everything in Alert Preferences.

Is a PM now called a conversation?

My favorite new feature is no longer having to wait 15 seconds to refresh for "New Posts" when browsing IL on browser.

This will help me out immensely when I return to all faculty staff development tomorrow.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
It appears so. It was called Private Message previously.
Thanks. The conversation worked like Private Message (PM) but now I am trying to figure out how to delete a conversation. Thanks

Dan

Admin
Thanks. The conversation worked like Private Message (PM) but now I am trying to figure out how to delete a conversation. Thanks
"Leave" a conversation and I believe it'll disappear from your inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.