Welcome to the new Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Greetings & welcome to the new IllinoisLoyalty Message Board!

Time to move on to a new software. If you have an existing account you can log in using your same username info. Take a look around, share what you think.

Thanks again for being part of this community :thumb::illinois:

FAQ/Changes from the old software:
Tapatalk: Tapatalk is no longer supported, please try the site in a mobile browser (the style works well on mobile now).
Change your Emails & Alerts notification settings: https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum/account/preferences
40 or 100 posts per page..? The threads are now fixed at 25 posts per page (there is no option to change that).
Issues with tracking unread messages: Click the thread title to jump to the latest unread message. Since this a new board you may need to go thru each forum and click "Mark Read" to get the unread message feature to work (this works best for registered users).

Dan

Admin
Quick note for power users, you can now do a selective highlight in replying (instead of quoting the entire post) if you'd like

xenforo-02.gif

Will there be a "new posts" section?

Found it. Will it be added to the top of the page next to "Sports Talk?"

CAIllini

West Coast
It's not nearly as dense as the old format (which I liked as you could see more on each page...both wider columns, and more rows per page). I think there were also some UI options to select that density whereas this interface doesn't seem to offer that.

Anyhow, hopefully it makes you more money Dan....thanks for keeping this site up and running!

Reactions: Dan
I used to have my account formatted for 100 posts per page instead of the default 40.
I can't find that option now. Is it gone?

This does look really elegant, by the way, so congrats on that

Is Tapatalk no longer supported? I’m getting an “Oops! We ran into some problems” message when I try to log in.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Is Tapatalk no longer supported? I’m getting an “Oops! We ran into some problems” message when I try to log in.
It looks like this new software is also geared for mobile device use. Maybe not the home page, but when you tap on any of the blue tabs while on your smartphone it becomes formatted accordingly.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
I must be missing something, but when I select "New Posts" how can I go directly to the first unread post in a thread?

Edit--never mind, I found it already. Have to open the thread, then "Jump to New." Is there a "1-click" solution like the old site had?

Good call. XenForo is a much cleaner application to vBulletin.

Dan

Admin
It's not nearly as dense as the old format (which I liked as you could see more on each page...both wider columns, and more rows per page). I think there were also some UI options to select that density whereas this interface doesn't seem to offer that.
Yeah now the threads are fixed at 25 posts per page.

Dan

Admin
I used to have my account formatted for 100 posts per page instead of the default 40.
I can't find that option now. Is it gone?
Yeah registered users no longer have the posts-per-page option sorry bout that :) We're now fixed at 25 posts per page

Dan

Admin
Update: Tapatalk will not be supported now or in the future. Please give the site a try in the mobile browser it works quite well :)

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
never mind, I found it already. Have to open the thread, then "Jump to New." Is there a "1-click" solution like the old site had?
Clicking on the thread's title should automatically jump you to the new posts (if you're logged in & there are new posts to be read).

Dan

Admin
It's not working that way for me. Take me to post #1 every time after 4 different threads. When I click on Jump To New, it doesn't.
Ah, I guess the board considers every post over the last few months a "new post" since it's the first time for everyone logging in here today.

An option would be to click "Mark Read" a forum (button located at the top of the list of threads in each individual forum), after that the read marking will truly work for new posts.

TEYPAY

Springfield
like the new look. In the past, at the bottom of the page, you could click on a button on go back to the index -- can't find that now. Have to scroll back to the top of the page?
Never mind - found it -- now on left hand side

Status
Not open for further replies.