Welcome to the new Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Just realized the switch over reset our Ignore list. Christened mine. Am not displeased.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Before the switch, there were some posts I just never saw. They didn't appear in my feed, but I saw them quoted by other people. I have never added anyone to an ignore list, so that wasn't it. With the new system, I figured that might be fixed. But no, I still don't see some posts -- not consistent by poster or thread or anything else, some of them just don't show up. Maybe the AI in the message board knows what I like?

TEYPAY

Springfield
Before the switch, there were some posts I just never saw. They didn't appear in my feed, but I saw them quoted by other people. I have never added anyone to an ignore list, so that wasn't it. With the new system, I figured that might be fixed. But no, I still don't see some posts -- not consistent by poster or thread or anything else, some of them just don't show up. Maybe the AI in the message board knows what I like?
could have been quoted and then the message removed?

Dan

Admin
When will the IllinoisLoyalty app be available?
I don't know..When/if it's available I'll post in this thread or create a new thread with an announcement. I don't know if that will be sooner or later..hopefully the developers of this forum software are working on an app solution. Tapatalk (the app solution of the board's previous forum software) was a good solution, I appreciate the ease/speed of using an app. For now if on mobile please use the site on a mobile browser.

On chrome on andriod (not sure the procedure on iOS) you can add a shortcut to your homescreen by going to the forum-

Menu -> Add to Home screen

Before the switch, there were some posts I just never saw..
Bingo, many posts get deleted on this site. :censored:
Sometimes posts get removed (for any number of reasons).

Deleted member 4333

D
Tapatalk (the app solution of the board's previous forum software) was a good solution, I appreciate the ease/speed of using an app. For now if on mobile please use the site on a mobile browser.

Yes, I liked Tapatalk, but the mobile site works very well. An app would be nice, but not a priority.

Also, with the new software, it is much easier to attach the scholarship grid to the post. (y)

Reactions: Dan

Illini_1979

Oregon
It seems to me that the new forum keeps track of where you have read in a thread based on the computer and not the user log-in. So, if I read the forum on computer A and then, a few hours later, go to computer B, I am rereading the posts that I already read on computer A. The posts are not marked as "New" but I am dumped into where I left off reading the last time on that particular computer.

I wonder if there is a fix for this so that the forum tracks reading progress by user log-in?

Hopes this makes sense.

Deleted member 4333

D
It seems to me that the new forum keeps track of where you have read in a thread based on the computer and not the user log-in. So, if I read the forum on computer A and then, a few hours later, go to computer B, I am rereading the posts that I already read on computer A. The posts are not marked as "New" but I am dumped into where I left off reading the last time on that particular computer.

I wonder if there is a fix for this so that the forum tracks reading progress by user log-in?

Hopes this makes sense.

Yes, I do occasionally find myself reading posts twice, since I read on my phone as well as on my home computer.

Dan

Admin
Next time that happens see if there's any embedded tweets on the page you're on, as those lately have been quite slow to render causing the viewport to jump back to an older post.

Illini_1979

Oregon
Next time that happens see if there's any embedded tweets on the page you're on, as those lately have been quite slow to render causing the viewport to jump back to an older post.
OK, it just happened this morning and, yes, there were three embedded tweets on the page. So you are probably correct that they are taking awhile to load and causing the viewport to show the old posts. Thanks Dan! (y)

Dan

Admin
The twitter embeds are just so slow to render, appearing after the page loads that this is an issue when you're taken to new posts in a thread. A workaround is to look for the orange "NEW" on the corner of the post, if you don't see that then scroll down a bit the new posts should be nearby:)

Status
Not open for further replies.