Werner Show ends Friday

Haven’t seen it posted here, but Werner announced on Tuesday show his radio show will end this Friday.

illini80

Forgottonia
Haven’t seen it posted here, but Werner announced on Tuesday show his radio show will end this Friday.
Interesting. Did he say why? Is he moving on to other ventures? Not everyone seems to love him, but he was probably my favorite guy for Illini coverage. Always rooting for Illinois, but not afraid to call out issues when he saw them.

Interesting. Did he say why? Is he moving on to other ventures? Not everyone seems to love him, but he was probably my favorite guy for Illini coverage. Always rooting for Illinois, but not afraid to call out issues when he saw them.
Wants to focus on his family and 24/7. He didn't want to risk missing anything in his kid's lives with the combined hours of both the radio show and running his site

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
Has the radio station said if they will have another show, (Piper maybe?) or just doing more ESPN radio?

Good luck Jeremy.

He was graceful, said it was his choice, wanted to spend more time with the kids. But reading between the lines, he mentioned COVID and sponsorship down, so expect he was asked to take a pay cut.

Werner is my favorite as well. Does a good job of being unbiased all things considered.

FYI...Tay was on the show yesterday and made a comment he should come back when we get through the pandemic... so money was certainly a part of the decision.