What games do you attend on the road?

Are there certain games that more Illini football fans travel the most for each year?

I would think Northwestern would be a real simple one. Do you guys bother with a road trip to Minnesota or Purdue or Indiana?

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
When I lived in Illinois, I liked going up to Madison. Now that I live in Maryland, Penn State and Maryland are where I'm looking to go.

I have been to both Indiana and Purdue for football games. That was my last year in college in 2011, so they were both only like 90 minute drives. And I bought the tickets when we were 6-0. Both tickets were under $20.

I have been to PSU once, but not for a football game. I was driving to Connecticut and came within half an hour, so I swung by to check out the stadium. The school is literally like 4 hour from anywhere (not 4 hours from a Chicago-size city, 4 hours from anywhere).

Edit - OK 2.5 hours.

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
I hear it is a pain in the !!! to get to PSU.
It was, in that we took a charter bus from Bethesda at Way Too Early O'clock, drove I don't know how many hours, and "tailgated" at a hotel. *

The walk to the stadium was no problem, and the game day atmosphere was pretty incredible, even as we were sitting halfway up to the sun.

The fans we met were mostly pleasant, in a "welcome! Hope you enjoy the game if not the outcome" way.

* it was a trip set up by my wife's Alma Mater. That one that lost to ISU.

I have been to both Indiana and Purdue for football games. That was my last year in college in 2011, so they were both only like 90 minute drives. And I bought the tickets when we were 6-0. Both tickets were under $20.

I have been to PSU once, but not for a football game. I was driving to Connecticut and came within half an hour, so I swung by to check out the stadium. The school is literally like 4 hour from anywhere (not 4 hours from a Chicago-size city, 4 hours from anywhere).

Edit - OK 2.5 hours.

A friend of mine went to the Nebraska game at Purdue a few year back and he said the atmosphere and tailgating/partying was super boring.

I know they do some pajama thing at the bars but I don't think he saw that at all.

Now that we are in the Big Ten a lot of the road trips are much longer. Before, from Omaha, you could hit up KSU, KU, ISU all in like 3-4 hours

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
I've attended our games in Lincoln, Minneapolis, Evanston, West Lafayette, Bloomington, East Lansing, Columbus and Happy Valley. Obviously Evanston and West Lafayette are convenient trips for those in the Chicagoland area.

Outside of the B1G slate, I try to attend a road game, if possible such as Seattle for the Washington game a few years back and th Sugar, Rose, and Texas Bowls.

Looking at Tampa next season for the game against South Florida

Will be attending the Michigan (homecoming) game with my son, my daughter and her husband.

Both my kids are UoI grads.

My son-in-law is a WMI grad, so next week's game will be an important one for this family.

My son-in-law's parents are UM grads and season ticket holders. So they have planned the whole 9 yards for us.

Going to be fun visiting #7.

illynifan34

That's a winner!!
OH
I hear it is a pain in the !!! to get to PSU.

Drove from Ohio and stayed in a hotel near Pittsburgh and then woke up early and drove over. Just plan to get there well before game time and you won't have problems. Beautiful drive, beautiful area of the world.

Purdue by faris the easiest to get to from chambana about 2 1/2 hour drive and always pretty easy to get tickets But I would have to agree its very very boreing pre/post game. That said you can always take the back roads and party to and from with little to no chance of seeing cops

I've roadtripped to Lincoln for the last two road games against Nebraska. My best friend is a huge Nebraska fan and lives near there. He came over for the game in Champaign last year. We've done at least one basketball game for the last two years too.

Sadly we're not making the trip this year, because we're meeting up in Minnesota for the Ryder Cup stuff up there that weekend. We'll be watching the game in a bar up there somewhere.

I live in the STL area, and I've attended the 2010 Michigan triple overtime game, first ILL/Nebraska B1G match up, and last years Purdue game.

I also will be making the trip to the big house this year.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
It looks like I will be going to my 4th Illinois at Michigan game this year (2008, 2010, 2012). I go there quite a bit because I do (not so secretly) like Michigan too and I have a lot of friends who went there. I unfortunately have not gone to another road game. Gotta start making some more trips.

ChiefIlliniwek

Omaha, Nebraska
First real away game I went to was 1999 in Iowa City. That was the only away game I went to during my college years (besides the Sugar Bowl). I went to the 2007 game in St. Louis against Missouri, and also the Rose Bowl that year. I returned to Iowa City last year for the game, and have gone to each of the games Illinois has played in Lincoln since NE joined the B1G. Will be going again in a couple of weeks.

:chief:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Living in Phoenix I was one of the few in orange there for the pitiful game at ASU back in 2012, perhaps better known as "the game we found out Tim Beckman was not going to turn out well". Incidentally, it was also my birthday, so that kind of put a damper on it. Here's hoping maybe they'll make it back back out here someday soon. A Fiesta Bowl showing would be nice! šŸ˜ƒ