Where to park an RV overnight?

"The Insider"
I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm bringing an RV down with a bunch of friends for the Wisconsin game. We will be tailgating in E14, but does anyone know where we can leave it overnight? The parking pass we have is for the game only. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :chief:

E14, aka Lot 33 (close to St Marys Rd ) on game day, is where Illinois says RVs can park for $40 on game day.

I reviewed the official fan guide pdf (linked below), couldn't find anything about overnight parking. If your going to stay with your RV I'd try to just park it there in Lot 33 on Friday. If not, try Drew's suggestion, good luck.

Recreational vehicles/motor homes may park in Lot 33 for $40.

Football Fan Guide | Football Parking Map (pdfs)

E14

As a student who had out of town guests in before, E14 is free to all visitors starting at 5PM on Friday. The exception is on gameday Saturdays. The parking crew is out there at about 5-6am to start collecting money/passes to enter the lot. They tow all other vehicles that don't have a permit normally to another lot, though signs aren't posted that you can't park there so not sure if that costs.

Anyhow, almost positive you should be able to keep your RV there overnight as no one will be manning the lot. I would just display your permit in your window before you go to bed so that they see you are supposed to be there on gameday. There is no one manning the lot Friday and it is legal based on the signage to park there overnight as Dan stated

Woodridge, IL
As a student who had out of town guests in before, E14 is free to all visitors starting at 5PM on Friday. The exception is on gameday Saturdays. The parking crew is out there at about 5-6am to start collecting money/passes to enter the lot. They tow all other vehicles that don't have a permit normally to another lot, though signs aren't posted that you can't park there so not sure if that costs.

Anyhow, almost positive you should be able to keep your RV there overnight as no one will be manning the lot. I would just display your permit in your window before you go to bed so that they see you are supposed to be there on gameday. There is no one manning the lot Friday and it is legal based on the signage to park there overnight as Dan stated
Do they really? I've parked there on Friday night every home game last season and the SIU game this year while visiting my girlfriend, but have never been towed. I park closer to Oak though so I don't know if that makes a difference. My senior year (2010) my buddy would park there on Friday nights and then tailgate and never was towed either. Maybe because they know they wouldn't be using all the spots they haven't towed recently?

This is what they claim when you call them. I don't actually believe it and I totally believe what happened to your friend that he was fine. If you are in there before the people man the lot, then you are abiding by the rules posted by the signs and they shouldn't just tow you. I think if you call in advance they try to get you to not park there. Bottom line is you are abiding by all signage which is what is most important and if you have your car or RV in this lot before they are there you should be fine even if you didn't have a pass. The fact that you have a pass for gameday means you are totally fine for E14.

E14, aka Lot 33 (close to St Marys Rd ) on game day, is where Illinois says RVs can park for $40 on game day.

I reviewed the official fan guide pdf (linked below), couldn't find anything about overnight parking. If your going to stay with your RV I'd try to just park it there in Lot 33 on Friday. If not, try Drew's suggestion, good luck.
We've parked our RV there multiple times Friday night through Sunday morning. They just come around and collect money from everyone parked there on Saturday morning. The only time we had an issue was when there was a concert on Friday night before the game and they wouldn't let us in until that was over. I don't think it's the official policy but there is always a group of RVs in there and no one has ever said anything about it to us.

Last edited:
"The Insider"
Thanks for the replies guys. I knew about Walmart, my concern was more about Saturday night after tailgating and having to move it, but seems like it should be ok just leaving it at e14 over night.

Wait, so if we park in E14 Friday night are we able to keep our car there for Saturday/Saturday night? I know there's a section in E14 in which permits are required 24/7, and then there's a free section on the weekends (correct me if I'm wrong). I just want to make sure because I'm going back for Homecoming and I wouldn't want to worry about my parking situation last minute. Thanks guys

One more suggestion is to camp at Rantoul, nice clean RV park, huge space, campfires ok also. Then drive in early to park at the game. Stayed there several times before games, got up early to avoid traffic and enjoyed the tailgating.

The camera never lies
Champaign
Many Friday nights when leaving Volleyball or Soccer with a Saturday home game, there are always people parked (with RV's) in E-14 the night before, basically just sitting outside their RV's having a good time.

Overnight RV

Did you end up leaving your RV overnight in E14 on Saturday night? Any problems with parking security? We are taking our RV over to tailgate for the Nov. 16th game and planning to overnight. We don't really want to move it after tailgating all day either. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies guys. I knew about Walmart, my concern was more about Saturday night after tailgating and having to move it, but seems like it should be ok just leaving it at e14 over night.

Has anybody been able to leave their RV in Lot 33 overnight on Saturday night?

The ticket office said it wasn't possible but wanted to see if that's just what they have to say. Also called Wal-Mart and know we can stay there on Saturday night but would prefer not to have to worry about moving it later in the day on Saturday. Thanks!

FYI - we were able to park in Lot 33 for both Friday and Saturday nights. When the guy came around at 7 AM Saturday to collect the $40, he said we could stay there that night as well. There were a bunch of other RVs staying there both nights.