Wife has surgery this morning

Here's my stance:

Me and my wife both have decent/good jobs, we bought a $90K house about 4-5 months, but since I work purely on commission and her place of employment only allows her to work 4 days/week neither of us have any sort of health insurance and there's no way we can afford health insurance from an outside source. How in the world is that right?

I know we are just 2 of millions of people in this country in the same boat. Luckily we are only 26 about to be 27 so we don't have the typical healthy problems that "older adults" have but still, God-forbid something does happen and we are sunk financially.
But that's your choice AHS. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but if insurance is that important to you, go find a job where it is offered. Businesses, and this country, were built by people that took chances that carried significant uncertainty. Life with uncertainty is not for everyone. Some would rather know they have a small amount of money coming to them upon retirement, but others would like to bet on themselves. We should not be forced to take the safe route with no upside if we don't want to.

But that's your choice AHS. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but if insurance is that important to you, go find a job where it is offered. Businesses, and this country, were built by people that took chances that carried significant uncertainty. Life with uncertainty is not for everyone. Some would rather know they have a small amount of money coming to them upon retirement, but others would like to bet on themselves. We should not be forced to take the safe route with no upside if we don't want to.
Oh I see, so in the most developed country in the world I should have to completely change my professional life just so I don't go bankrupt if something outside my control happens? Got it...what a joke.:rolleyes:

The whole "then get a job that offers health insurance" retort is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Oh I see, so in the most developed country in the world I should have to completely change my professional life just so I don't go bankrupt if something outside my control happens? Got it...what a joke.:rolleyes:

The whole "then get a job that offers health insurance" retort is completely and utterly ridiculous.
Care to tell me why? There are many professions where health insurance is standard. If those types of jobs won't make you happy, by all means do something else. But why should I have to pay for your insurance?

Care to tell me why? There are many professions where health insurance is standard. If those types of jobs won't make you happy, by all means do something else. But why should I have to pay for your insurance?
YOU AREN'T PAYING FOR MY INSURANCE!!!!

One more thing, you don't think you (and me and everyone) is in someway paying for the multitude of people who end up in a hospital incurring HUGE medical bills with no way to pay for them?

Last edited:
YOU AREN'T PAYING FOR MY INSURANCE!!!!

One more thing, you don't think you (and me and everyone) is in someway paying for the multitude of people who end up in a hospital incurring HUGE medical bills with no way to pay for them?
Not yet, I'm not.

And yes those of us that pay taxes and have health insurance are paying for the medical bills of those who can't pay. But the thing the left refuses to accept is that by giving everyone insurance, we are still going to pay. Insurance costs will go up and coverage will go down. That's fine if that's what we want, but that's not what Obama is selling you. He's telling you that by expanding Medicare everyone can go to the doctor for preventative care not noting that the biggest abusers of non-emergency emergency room visits are in fact Medicare recipients - those individuals that are allowed to go to the emergency room with no fear of out of pocket costs.

We will all, well those of us that pay anyway will be paying more for less as a result of this. The low co-pays, the low deductables, etc., etc. are just going to take money out of our pockets. Obama will then turn around and tell me that I need to do more of my share so that he can hand tax credits to those that actually build America so that they can go to the store and buy things to boost the economy. It's a disaster of a pyramid scheme and you're buying it.

I have seen the actuarial projections. health care insurance rates will take a huge increase.

Northwoods of Wisconsin
I have seen the actuarial projections. health care insurance rates will take a huge increase.
And that's why requiring everyone to buy insurance isn't the way to solve medical care and costs. Probably good for insurance companies since everyone will purchase their product but medical costs and affordability will remain a problem.