Wisconsin 49, Illinois 20 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
I'm glad that's over, not sure why I wasted my time watching that. If it hadn't been to windy to be in a tree stand I wouldn't have suffered through it.

Last week all i heard the coaches say is its our fault we didn't get em ready to play. What about this week

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I know we're all hoping for a chance at another win or two, but my question is what team left on the schedule is Illinois going to score 40 or 50 points on to win? There are no teams left that are Rutgers-like incompetent on offense.

SKane

Tennessee
If the team plays a very good game and another team plays a very bad game, then Illinois will win another game.

However, I don't think that this team is capable of making another team play a bad game - the other team will have to accomplish that without our help.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
This defense is an abomination.

True. One of the worst in a long time. Going into today's game Illinois' rush defense was 106h out of 129 D1 teams. My estimate is they dropped to about 115/129. Really? Also, the offense demonstrated their ineptitude with 5 turnovers in the first half. We are who we thought we were.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I know we're all hoping for a chance at another win or two, but my question is what team left on the schedule is Illinois going to score 40 or 50 points on to win? There are no teams left that are Rutgers-like incompetent on offense.
Probably Minnesota will be the best chance for another win. And yes I am self-absorbed enough to reply to my own post.

Probably Minnesota will be the best chance for another win. And yes I am self-absorbed enough to reply to my own post.
I agree with both points (just kidding). But yes, I think Minnie is probably our best chance at another win.

Deleted member 746094

D
I was not as impressed with WI today in comparison to a team like Purdue when you talk about where each team was expected to rank this year. Other than WI O-Line I didn’t see anything dominant about WI. I have long believed Whisky RB’s get overhyped because they constantly run behind 1st and 2nd rd NFL draft picks. I thought Purdue’s D looked better and their offense is more balanced with a better QB than WI. With 5 TO’s in 1st half it should have been a lot worse than 28-10.

SKane

Tennessee
Wisconsin won by more than last year even though they have a worse record than last year.

It must have been the ILL hime field advantage last year.

I was not as impressed with WI today in comparison to a team like Purdue when you talk about where each team was expected to rank this year. Other than WI O-Line I didn’t see anything dominant about WI. I have long believed Whisky RB’s get overhyped because they constantly run behind 1st and 2nd rd NFL draft picks. I thought Purdue’s D looked better and their offense is more balanced with a better QB than WI. With 5 TO’s in 1st half it should have been a lot worse than 28-10.

Purdue is better than Wisconsin. Purdue has come on amazingly strong since their 0-3 start

illini80

Forgottonia
18 posts after a game is where this program is at. Although it may exceed the number of fans at the next home game.

I expected much more from this team than what I've seen.

Did Milan get a hand on Hornibrook's interception right before the half? He swung at it and it was such a bad throw, thought maybe he deflected it.

On the road at Wisconsin, against a good Wisky team, with 5 turnovers, 49-20 seems about appropriate. This Illini team just does not have the talent or experience level to overcome that many mistakes.

Rivers should be the starter from this point forward, no use in keeping him on the bench.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I could definitely see a position switch if they do decide to go with Rivers.

But I think we need more help at WR. If Bush has the hands for it, he could really help us there.