Wisconsin 64, Illinois 58 POSTGAME

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I think Happ will be a big loss for Wisconsin in playing everyone but us.

We came off of shooters to disrupt Happ and hoped to heck they didn’t hit their 3s. (Last night they didn’t at their normal clip...thank goodness)

Next year, hopefully we won’t have to focus so much on one guy and can spread out the defensive pressure.

breadman

Herndon, VA
OK, back to reality. I absolutely loved this game from the perspective of the O&B giving it all they had and the consistent action throughout. Many of you called out many details of where we excelled and where we came up short. I totally agree. Would have loved to see some more shots go in, and would have loved to see some more defensive stops and would have loved to see a few different referee calls go the other way.

I swear I remember many of Henson's teams go through these same game frustrations with all the fight that went with them.

The last post on the Penn State thread was 12 hours ago!!!!!

This team will turn it around and next years team will do even better.

Giorgi goofed on the box out, but he deserves a ton of credit for how improved his defense is. He’s defended Happ really well this year and isn’t nearly as foul prone anymore. He can be one of the better bigs in college ball as an upperclassman.
A good friend of mine is predicting that GB is POY in the B1G in 2 more years.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
A good friend of mine is predicting that GB is POY in the B1G in 2 more years.

Would not be surprised at all. I definitely think he'll be All B1G by then. You can see glimpses of him dominating already. His footwork is going to get better on D and rebounding, and then he'll be a monster.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
So, according to this one extremely, and I mean extremely, obscure statistic called out by our very own TCTORNADO, I will say that Mr. Meyers was our last 1,000,000/1,000,000. And you can assign whatever categories you want to those numbers!! My goodness, she cannot have enough sisters to go around!
Not sure if she has any sisters, but her brother is Max Bielfeldt. Still hard to believe we didn't get him on the bball team given the family history there.

We keep hoping and hoping that the switch will turn on for him but at some point you just have to believe it's not going to happen. I'm at that point.
I've spent the better part of the season trying to think of another guy who had his potential, and a run of success like he had at the end of last year, and wound up falling off like he did this year. I've been watching this team for 40 years and am coming up empty. There are plenty of guys like Bryant Notree who came in highly touted and never took off, and even a guy like Richard McBride didn't play himself out of the lineup as an upperclassman. But I honestly thought he was going to blossom into at least an honorable mention all-B1G guy.

I feel really bad for him because by the limited number of accounts I've read, he seems like he's a good kid. I hope things work out for him either with a change of scenery or just with life beyond basketball, because I'm not sure how much room there's going to be for him if he stays.

Remember Tupper's "shotgun" episode before the season, to paraphrase "I like kipper and I think he is an intelligent kid but man he seems like he would be a challenge to coach". Whatever tupper saw in one of his infrequent visits BU sees everyday. I have seats fairly close to the floor and there just seems to be something missing when Kipper is on the floor, passion, instinctiveness, I am not sure what.

If he has graduated, I expect him to transfer because there is not going to be that many available minutes next year.