Wisconsin 64, Illinois 58 POSTGAME

Sometimes addition by subtraction is a good thing...Wisky is somewhat stifled imo with Happ, remove him the guards flourish more and the intangibles he brings is the biggest loss. Granted that can be a big loss, don't really think with Reuver's (who I think will end up being better) that they won't get better actually.

when the game was on the line tonight, with under a minute to play, happ was on the bench. How valuable can he be to them?

Griffin is starting to show elite athleticism in spurts. He has a chance to be special on both ends of the court.

Griffin did a lot of good things tonight. I was excited to see him knock down a 3. Once he starts shooting it with confidence, he’s going to be lethal.

Would love to see more Tevian drives to the basket.

Ayo made some mistakes, but I can live with that. He has unbelievable confidence when the pressure is on.

Heck of an effort tonight. Game was right there for the taking and Nobody would’ve thought that would be the case in December. Give the coaches a ton of credit. The defense is absolutely inspiring to watch. I want to dive on the floor for a loose ball when I watch these guys play.

I thought we played well. Wisconsin is real good and winning at their place has always been tough. Sucks to lose but man does this team look good. Future for our illini is bright!

Instead of quoting any one post, any poster who feels the need to criticize this team after tonight, need to save themselves the stress and heartache and just go cheer for a Blue Blood.

The past is the past, can't change it, we're coming from the worst place Illinois basketball may have ever been. The hottest team in the BIG regardless of overall record, playing more Fresh/Soph than anyone else, just lost on the road by 6 to the #22 team in the country.

Sub par shooting night, great effort on the other end, this team CONTINUES to grow, love this team, so excited for the future of the program!
Actually, MD plays more freshmen/sophomores than anyone in the country.

Giorgi goofed on the box out, but he deserves a ton of credit for how improved his defense is. He’s defended Happ really well this year and isn’t nearly as foul prone anymore. He can be one of the better bigs in college ball as an upperclassman.
Actually think he is right now. Outplayed Happ.

Griffin is starting to show elite athleticism in spurts. He has a chance to be special on both ends of the court.
He is playing better than Tevian and just keeps getting better defensively. DaMonte with scoring ability??

We got beat by a team that plays as hard as we do, on the road. Inverson and Davison outplayed Trent and Ayo, but not by much. This does not happen next year. Happ not much of a factor - good omen. And who gets a steal and forces at least two more turnovers? Giorgi! Girogi! Giorgi.

Last edited: