Wisconsin 72, Illinois 60 POSTGAME

Deleted member 173571

D
IMG_2720.PNG

My god, another game where the opponent shoots 50% and 50% from 3.
But with a descent 3 % and FT %, we would have still won this game. 15% from 3, 55% FT. What we missed at least 9 FTs, all at home.

Last edited:
We got smoked by Iowa...obviously defense was geared up this week, unfortunately we still need to score to win?

Giorgi, MOST impressive and surprising freshman since.....?
Ayo, Needs at least 1 more year, dare I say 2?
Frazier REALLY needs to be the Alpha dog on offense imo.
Jordan...epitomizes what us fans want our players to be...just forced to play against bigger/stronger/more athletic guys almost nightly. For Life!
Jones, plays at freshman pace, game really needs to slow down for him
Kipper who?
Griffin, will still help
DeLaRosa, feel bad for the guy, out of options, doesn't really help us except with some fouls.

Sloppy game overall, defense geared up, nothing on offense with any kind of rhythem....on to the next one!

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. This team is primarily Freshman and Sophomores. Let’s see the process work. We replace Adonis and AJ with a much better group and a healthy Higgs and this group matures. Give BU the time he needs to build the program. I know this is painful, but change takes time and I’m willing to see it through.

Their bench scores 3 points. Their best player has 9 pts and 6 turnovers. They have 17 turmovers to our 10. We played the right way for the most part..a couple of forced shots when we were trying to tie or take the lead. We only have three players that would get more than mopup minutes on a good big ten team and probably only one that would start.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. This team is primarily Freshman and Sophomores. Let’s see the process work. We replace Adonis and AJ with a much better group and a healthy Higgs and this group matures. Give BU the time he needs to build the program. I know this is painful, but change takes time and I’m willing to see it through.

Agree. We just don’t have the horses this year. We need more big man depth. We have none right now.

Give BU some time. He is adding some critical pieces. This freshman class has a ton of potential.

sinmyp

Back In Robinson!
So freakin frustrating, out played them completely except we couldn't make a freaking shot. Ugggg!!!!!

I appreciate Robbie Hummel and Andy Katz trying to say nice things on BTN, but we stink.

What is up with Kipper?

I've never seen an upperclassman completely disappear like this. His minutes are actually up three and a half minutes a game from last year. He takes about the same number of shots per game and about the same ratio of 2's to 3's, but his 3pt% has dropped from .378 last year to .224 this year. His ft% has dropped from .862 to .593 (?!?!). His rebounds, steals and blocks are all down on a per/game basis despite the increased minutes. (Stats are from before tonight's game.)

Is he hurt? What?

That was an absolute embarrassment. The game was there to win, but they choked. They had opportunity after opportunity, but nobody on the team can step up and freakin' shoot (except GB). And they had some decent looks from 3 but butchered it. Another sub 40$ shooting night from 2, won't even mention 3's. 49 to 49 and they choke it from there.

That's hoping that a lot of bounces go our way. We are talking about freshman who haven't been able to displace AJ, Kipper or Damonte to this point. Higgs is an extreme long shot to ever contribute and we only have Kofi as a sort of sure thing. Underwood needs to add significant talent to go along with Kofi next season

Agree. We just don’t have the horses this year. We need more big man depth. We have none right now.

Give BU some time. He is adding some critical pieces. This freshman class has a ton of potential.
Also, maybe we should practice free throws at SFC.

Yeah I agree but there has to be a turning point. I'm not asking to win every big ten game. But you have to find a way to win these games. If not you are what your record is, right now Underwoods record is terrible. 2 season with big change over from 1 to 2 still make the same mistakes.

What is up with Kipper?

I've never seen an upperclassman completely disappear like this. His minutes are actually up three and a half minutes a game from last year. He takes about the same number of shots per game and about the same ratio of 2's to 3's, but his 3pt% has dropped from .378 last year to .224 this year. His ft% has dropped from .862 to .593 (?!?!). His rebounds, steals and blocks are all down on a per/game basis despite the increased minutes. (Stats are from before tonight's game.)

Is he hurt? What?

Find me a stat for motor

BU really needs to get Trent Frazier going. So far pretty much all his conference stats are worse this year than last year. If you add in Kipper, Damonte, and Trent all being the same or worse than last year it really doesn't look good on a coach.

But still a lot of basketball left to be played.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
I have been watching Illinois basketball for 58 years and this is the worst team I've seen. There is no other way to spin it. We suck.
The refs were on our team for three quarters of the game and that wasn't even enough. Wisconsin played bad and that wasn't enough.
You know it's terrible when you're glad the game is over. Fourteen in a row to Wisconsin. Unreal.
I was at the Arizona game and also in Madison that year when we ended their winning streak. Hard to believe how far the program has fallen.

I have been watching Illinois basketball for 58 years and this is the worst team I've seen. There is no other way to spin it. We suck.
The refs were on our team for three quarters of the game and that wasn't even enough. Wisconsin played bad and that wasn't enough.
You know it's terrible when you're glad the game is over. Fourteen in a row to Wisconsin. Unreal.
I was at the Arizona game and also in Madison that year when we ended their winning streak. Hard to believe how far the program has fallen.
We don't suck other than the last approximately 4 minutes. We're close. They're fr. and so. and transfers mostly.

Last edited:
I like Georgi in the press conference.... "We've got to be tougher"

Tell you how frustrated the fan base is another site that usually has a lot of posts has only "1" thus far. If not for the commitment of Kofi this fan base would be like a nuclear explosion about now.

Also, maybe we should practice free throws at SFC.
Agree. If we make free throws, it’s down to the wire even with our overall terrible shooting. This team is young, they need experience. They need time.

I’d love to see Tevian Jones step up and take the ball to the rim. Or Kipper needs to do something... anything...

Jordan plays so hard but he’s so overmatched in the paint.

Add size, add depth, add experience. We will win next year.