Wisconsin: Kobe King transferring, Brad Davison suspended for 1 game

Does anyone else think Jalen Smith deserves a 1 game suspension for his conduct after the Indiana game? Talk about bad sportsmanship.

Deleted member 17568

D
The only reason he didn't get him fully in the nuts is because the defender had his hands covering his nuts. Go find the play in the Marquette game. Watch the second view in the thread on the Minnesota board someone posted earlier. It's a clear shot to the nuts and this was the exact same motion against Iowa.

Does anyone else think Jalen Smith deserves a 1 game suspension for his conduct after the Indiana game? Talk about bad sportsmanship.
I thought it was pretty aggressive the way he was yelling and going at the crowd. It was pretty easy to read his lips, nothing good was being said. Camera was directly in front of him as well.

billybaroo

Pebble Beach, CA
First post of that thread is the exact same thing. Given his history the punishment should have been stronger. Feels like the league delivered a davison to AG.
That thread is a must read. Thanks for sharing. Some hilarious stuff in there.

breadman

Herndon, VA

This is a very good question of which I have an answer to consider.
Driving into work every day I listen to the sports talking heads here in the DC area.
One of the morning guys here is Kevin Sheehan. He brought up the fact that Indy's own Dan Dakich talked about this on his radio show.
Dakich names names. Smith's rage was directed specifically at two long time ticket holders who behave like children at every game.
Dakich said that the Indy folks should step in and talk to these guys to tell them to behave themselves.
So, whatever you think of Dakich, good for him.
Sheehan actually played a portion of Dakich's rant against these guys.
So, no. Nothing should be done to Smith.

Point taken, but who cares what the refs gave them? Video don't lie. Also, Davison has a well earned rep. Feels like uneven justice.

I totally agree. I’m just saying what I think the new commish was thinking with it. It should have been equal suspensions, if not worse for Davison because of his rep.

holmerica

Madison, WI
meme.JPG

Punching the giblets deserves it's own classification in the rules, F3.

F3 - Punch or knee to the giblets. The fouling player:
A) Is ejected from the contest, and must serve an additional 2 game suspension
B) Must stand stationary at mid-court, legs spread to shoulder width, until fouled player reciprocates. A running start is allowed.

Punching the giblets deserves it's own classification in the rules, F3.

F3 - Punch or knee to the giblets. The fouling player:
A) Is ejected from the contest, and must serve an additional 2 game suspension
B) Must stand stationary at mid-court, legs spread to shoulder width, until fouled player reciprocates. A running start is allowed.

obviously the time to recover from a nutshot has something to do with this one, but in general, it’s really impressive how some of these guys keep their composure against dirty plays.

I fought somebody at impe once for undercutting me in a game that means nothing. College games are filled with pressure and are extremely high stakes. Injuries on dirty plays could cost some of these guys career money. With all that and all the emotions going on in 18-22 year olds, I have nothing but respect for these dudes who are able to just walk away.